New Egnater modules for 2007!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarguy510

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you an update on the new stuff from Egnater. They are releasing a new module called the TD which is basically the cleaner section of the Twin module in channel A and then the Deluxe module in channel B. Pretty cool idea! The Twin will handle the clean stuff and the Deluxe can be used for more of an SRV-esque tone. Before anyone goes flooding Bruce and Frank with emails and phone calls, this is the only module coming out like this for now. I asked if this was possible with other modules but the response was something to the effect of the EQ's being so different on the other modules that it would be too hard to accomplish this, but the Twin and the Deluxe were close enough that it would work.

The other module is the COD (California Overdrive) that has been mentioned on here. So, to put the rumors to rest, after speaking with Bruce himself here is what the module will do: Channel A is meant to be a cleaner/low gain DUMBLE sound and Channel B will be the high gain/OD sound of the classic DUMBLE tone. There is no affiliation between this module and ANY kind of Mesa/Boogie, it is only meant to cop the Dumble-esque tones not any of the Mark series. Hope that helps guys, I might be checking out these modules myself when I have some more money (just bought another Thorn which kicks MAJOR *** btw!!!) so once I get a chance to review them I'll post back! Enjoy! :D

I have pictures of the new Eggie stuff from his booth too, I will be posting them tonight when I get home! :wink:

Proof of the ellusive COD...
cod.jpg

Nice... I have an M4 with VX/SL/EG/E-RECT modules on order, and already put in an email to Frank about adding a TD module to the order.

--B

Awesome. That TD sounds like my ticket for cleans! Im glad i didnt save up enough to buy my mod50 yet.

I had a great time helping out at the Egnater booth on Saturday afternoon and getting my grubby hands on these new modules. I guess I somehow managed to miss you, Ned and Guitarguy510. Bummer?next time!

The TD was just freaking people out with just how big and full it felt with no compressor or anything. It is really the ticket to hear a pumped up Twin sound through the MOD 50 and big closed back cab. It just sounds better than an actual Twin in my opinion. The Deluxe is equally sick. I loved just gaining it up enough to get a teenie bit of grit out of it on a bridge single coil when you dig in with your fingers like in some of the brief transitions sections on Eric Johnson's tune, Trademark.

The COD is everything you may be hoping for and a bit more. The A channel reminds me of an old MkII Mesa with these huge, golden textures and a creamy kind of feeling you get from higher gain, but it is present with low gain. It sounds great in all the classic situations we have heard them from the 70s Larry Carlton to Steely Dan things, but I also had fun playing it in bluesier/country settings as well. It really made the strings ultra touch sensitive and percussive for chicken-picken? and country style hammer on and double stop passages.

It seemed like nearly every player who came by was surprised how fat the modules sound at a low volume - seeing that you get the volume police on your case if you get too carried away there. Another common rave was how little gain they need to sound ballsey. Just as the Erect channel made me suddenly enjoy dropping into D and chunking out metal riffs that I never knew I had in me, these more elegant new modules will assuredly bring out cool vibes lurking deep within even the hard-core rocker?s subconscious. I was only planning to buy empty MOD 50 heads, but now I got these new ones on order too! I love these guys. I hate these guys. I love these guys. I?

Wow excellent summary there John! Sorry I missed you too man, I was there for about an hour mid-day and then stopped back for about 20 minutes later on! That's the problem with Egnater modules... once you start collecting, it's pretty hard to stop! I'm looking forward to grabbing some more when funds permit! :D

They hope to start shipping in 4 weeks or so. Man its gonna be a long wait!

Im sure the Twin channel stays very clean, but does the Deluxe channel do a convincing SRV thing? Can you get a good rock/blues chunk out of it without a pedal?

Thanks,
Matt

I would agree with everything everyone has said about these modules?I'll definitely be adding these (and more!) to my rig!

I'm sorry I missed you guys at NAMM! Ned, I actually went by the Godlyke booth looking for you, but you weren't around. :)

Take care,
Orren

I was floored by the COD, too. It's on my NEXT TO GET list. The T/DLX was great, too.
I asked Bruce about a mod for my VX and we're working that out this week. It's too bright on A in B1, which is where I like it for ch B.

I was at the EG booth for about 30 mins on Fri afternoon, sorry I missed you guys.

Joe

I have an M4 with VX/SL/EG/E-RECT modules on order, and already put in an email to Frank about adding a TD module to the order.

They hope to start shipping in 4 weeks or so. Man its gonna be a long wait!

Im sure the Twin channel stays very clean

I attended the NAMM as an Egnater rep, and I recall on the first day that Frank told me that, unlike the COD, the TD was not yet available. I seem to recall that he said they were introducing it to assess demand, and that it would not be available until next year, if at all. He then said after the NAMM that the TD was really well received, so I got the impression that they were probably going to release it eventually. However, I am surprised to read here that they are taking orders on the TD, and that it will ship in four weeks. I don't think that can be right, so I've just asked Bruce by email to clarify. If he doesn't post his answer here, I will.

Tonesponge,

Please let us know what Bruce says about the TD's availability. I spoke to Frank over the phone to order and he told me to call in about 4 weeks if I havent heard from him before that.

-Matt

tonesponge said:
I attended the NAMM as an Egnater rep, and I recall on the first day that Frank told me that, unlike the COD, the TD was not yet available.

Were you the guy with the long semi-curly hair that was at the booth with Bruce? I wasn't sure who it was but if that was you, hi! :)

Were you the guy with the long semi-curly hair that was at the booth with Bruce? I wasn't sure who it was but if that was you, hi!

Nope. Sounds like you saw either Frank, or else Bruce's son, Ian. Ian's into guitar and studying electronics at school. I see him at the Egnater factory all the time lately. Bruce started the Amp Workshop after designing the amp mod kit as a project for Ian. Ian told me this was his first NAMM.

Frank replied to my email already. Here's what he said:
I was telling people that the Twin Deluxe is only a prototype right now, and will probably ship in the spring. The COD should be available in about 4 to 6 weeks.
So if you are under the impression that you have a TD on order, or that it will ship in 4 weeks, then you need to give Frank a call. Still, this Spring is sooner than I expected! That's very good news!

Ah okay no it wasn't Frank, I saw him there too, this was a young guy so it was probably Ian. Seemed very nice, all smiles! :) It was fun talking with Bruce about the amps, it's not often you get to speak in person with the builder of the amp you love! :D

I took delivery on a COD module last week, so now I have all ten of the dual channel modules. It is definetly a great module. Good for clean and high gain. Also, the shop looks like it is realy hopping!

What would you compare the high gain to? More Marshall, Mesa, Fender etc. Just trying to get a feel for it since no clips available yet.

tks.

Does any one know if you can get a COD single channel that can be used in the Randall 50 watt head? if not what current Randall module can be modded to be a COD?
What I want to do is have a Clean and a COD in the 50 watt head. I don' thing the Randal Head can take the COD Egnater dual.
KEEP ROCKIN THE RIGHT WAY!!!