just saying hi

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ameer

Reaction score
Hi all. My name is Ameer and I just wanted to introduce myself. Some of you might know me from UG or the HC classifieds. I'm a blind guitarist; I've been playing guitar for about 7 years now though I did take a two year break in the middle of it. I've been blind since birth, play everything from the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Hendrix to Tool, and am always switching my rig around in one form or another. I work as a software developer with the help of a talking computer.
So that's me. If you have any blindness-related questions (most people do) please don't hesitate to ask, particularly if it's original.

ameer said:
Hi all. My name is Ameer and I just wanted to introduce myself. Some of you might know me from UG or the HC classifieds. I'm a blind guitarist; I've been playing guitar for about 7 years now though I did take a two year break in the middle of it. I've been blind since birth, play everything from the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Hendrix to Tool, and am always switching my rig around in one form or another. I work as a software developer with the help of a talking computer.
So that's me. If you have any blindness-related questions (most people do) please don't hesitate to ask, particularly if it's original.

Hello and welcome! So here goes....

How do you know when you're done wiping in the bathroom?

Hopefully that was an original question... :D

Pardon, my smartassedness...Yes, I make up my own words and God knows how your reader will say that one....

In all seriousness, what kinda rig are you rockin' currently? Also, when you buy a guitar, what do you check out most? I'm admittedly distracted by how a guitar looks and feel that it's probably done me a disservice over the years as I have some very pretty POS guitars...

Again, welcome aboard and enjoy the ride...The MTS line is VERY alive and well on this site...The best prices on used gear and biggest selection....If you're just getting into MTS, you came at a great time as it's a buyer's market all the way right now...Some gems have sold for peanuts lately...

@wiping in the bathroom I don't. At least not with any sort of certainty. I'm pretty sure that's original or at least very close. Nice one.

My current rig is a Carvin DC127 into my trusty old RM50 1x12 with Plexi and Ultra XL; I've had it for several years and hauled it out of storage when I picked up playing again. I'm rebuilding my effects board as I sold most of it. I'm definitely buying up all the interesting modded modules that I find; I'm looking to amass a good sized collection then eventually slim it down.

@buying a new guitar I mostly like guitars that are relatively balanced in terms of body width like Strats. I didn't like my Carvin at first because it's relatively thin and not as high but it's begun to grow on me. I'm not too picky about things like neck shape and fret size; I figure a half decent player can just pick up and play.

Greetings, Ameer. Nice to see you post on the forum. Great bunch of guys (not to exclude the fairer sex, just an informal word for people) on this forum. I have said this before and will continue to say it - best forum on the internet.

I will let everyone in on a small secret... Ameer has a very nice module on the way to him. :wink:

Good luck, Ameer. Enjoy that module.
Drew

ameer said:
Welcome brother!!!
The MTS forum is a great place to be. This forum has been one of the coolest things that I have participated in, ever. There are a really great group of talented, educated, creative, passionate, and open minded people here. I've learned plenty about music, tubes, guitar parts, and other music related stuff from some of the folks here. It's a smaller community and that makes for a more personalized experience. I don't know what it's like to be blind, but I It seems like, in many ways, it could be an advantage to a musician. I think that is pretty cool. Welcome. Peace :wink:
:twisted: :shock: :twisted:
P.S. Let me know how emoticons are translated by your reader gizmo, please. :wink:

In the process of buying ameer's Ultra Xl to send to Kyle for a Dragon mod. Welcome and thanks for helping me out.

The way emoticons are handled depends on whether or not they're alt tagged. Some board programs do it so it's just like any other image with an alt tag describing what it is. For those that don't they don't even appear as I have it set to ignore untagged images; sometimes that'll make for an apparently blank post which can be confusing.

ameer said:
The way emoticons are handled depends on whether or not they're alt tagged. Some board programs do it so it's just like any other image with an alt tag describing what it is. For those that don't they don't even appear as I have it set to ignore untagged images; sometimes that'll make for an apparently blank post which can be confusing.
OK...So nothing special happens with the emoticons.
There are a few different modded modules in the classifieds right now. I don't know if you saw those(figuratively speaking of course) :) These are all great guys that I have either done business with in the past or are just good people.
Here's a few links of some stuff on other threads that I like and would buy if I didn't have the tones already pretty much covered with other gear:
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=13738
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=13722
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=13722
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=13728
The last one I posted is for a mod that is damaged, but I could easily see getting modded by a Pro and getting amazing clean tones out of. Peace.