• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

CAUTION: Be wary of RM100 on eBay...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimosity

Reaction score
I was talking with Jason Hook about an RM100 head he had for sale on eBay a few weeks ago:
Here's a link to his auction where I know it was legitimate:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200066447113

Then this morning, I noticed this RM100 on eBay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130072814956

They are using his description and picture, but the person that's selling it is NOT the person that won Jason's -- and their feedback isn't that stellar, so BE CAREFUL!!

Thanks for the heads up Jim, good looking out! Tell Jason to file a claim with eBay on intellectual property so the guy's auction gets shut down until he uses his own pictures. I've had to do that a couple times. It's funny because one guy ripped my ENTIRE auction on a pedal... description and all my pictures EXCEPT the one where I showed the serial number. If he reports it, they usually take stuff like that down within 24 hours, sometimes within a couple hours! :)

Good deal sir, thanks again for looking out! I've seen a couple of these and usually report them myself but it's better if the actual owner of said intellectual property is the one filing the report with eBay as they listen faster if the owner is pissed! :lol:

Did anyone talk to Jason? I got an email from him about a week ago and he told me he was going to sell one of his other heads and maybe some SL+'s. He said he had 3 heads and 6 SL's so was thinking of getting rid of another one since he now endorses Diamond Amps. Thats a different amp than the other one he sold a few weeks ago and this may just be one of his other backups.

Why with the logo?

Curious.

I have one just like that, it was one of the original logos with the MTS series, I bought mine straight from a former Randall endorsee who switched endorsements so he sold his Randall gear.

That is jacked up though he's using pictures from an obvious earlier listing, even if it is another amp from the original seller, it still isn't this new sellers own pictures. Hopefully the email sent to inform ebay about this will get them to take action with this seller.