Salvation Mandarine Graphic mp3 demo

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoopysnorp

Reaction score
I had a request to do some clean/mid-gain clips from the Mandarine Graphic, so I decided to go ahead and record a demo for it like I did for the JF Super Clean. Check it out here:

http://maxcrowe.co/sounds/mts/Mandarine Graphic.mp3

I don't demonstrate every possible thing the module can do, since that would go on forever and be tedious listening, but I run the gamut of its tones. One thing I didn't mention during the demo but would like to point out is that this module has a TON of output. Maybe this is the usual case for Salvation modules, because this it the only one I've ever used, but with all but the very cleanest settings, I run the master on this module at about 9:30. My Sacred Groove Diablo is probably my loudest module after this one, and I run its master at about 11:00.

Thanks a lot Whoopysnorp, great job!

A couple of things, the FAC actually switches the last coupling cap in the preamp so it's effect is to remove the low end as you dial it up, which has the percieved effect of having the mids pop out more. Also, the originals had the bright cap hard-wired on (no bright switch), so to duplicate the old ones the bright should be on as you had it.

Yours sounds just like the one we built excepting that we didn't add the mid-boost, though I like what it did to yours so I'll probably add on it to mine.

Thanks again for taking the time, great demo and nice playing.

Whoopysnorp said:
I had a request to do some clean/mid-gain clips from the Mandarine Graphic, so I decided to go ahead and record a demo for it like I did for the JF Super Clean. Check it out here:

http://www.genitalhercules.com/~mcrowe/misc_mp3/Mandarine%20Graphic%20demo.mp3

I don't demonstrate every possible thing the module can do, since that would go on forever and be tedious listening, but I run the gamut of its tones. One thing I didn't mention during the demo but would like to point out is that this module has a TON of output. Maybe this is the usual case for Salvation modules, because this it the only one I've ever used, but with all but the very cleanest settings, I run the master on this module at about 9:30. My Sacred Groove Diablo is probably my loudest module after this one, and I run its master at about 11:00.

Whoopysnorp said:

http://www.genitalhercules.com/~mcrowe/misc_mp3/Mandarine%20Graphic%20demo.mp3

Nice demo, really shows the power of F.A.C. Switch. This module is really special.As Orange OR 120 is. Thanks!!

Anthony

Finally got around to listening to your demo. It was awesome. I'm wondering why I sold the module. Enjoy it. I have a feeling I will be ordering another one as soon as I take care of some things.

Great demo, thanks for doing this for the community here. Another great module from Anthony - that FAC switch definitely is one cool feature :)

Your demo is way better than mine! I did a long meandering clip and Salvation put it up on his website. You have to go to the end to hear me play with distortion. I did it quick and there is no narration.
But if anyone wants to hear another clip..it is there ,last I looked.
Its a really module..I use it for cleans..but it can do many sounds well. If I had a big big budget for fun Id have 4 of em!!!!!!!!!!

GtrGeorge

lol, Anthony made this model because im asking him. My OR120 is the 1st one in the world. Really nice crunchy od tone.

I love or120 becuz Page and a Japanese band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFQ11CrRD1c

Im confused about who has the first Mandarin graphic...
Anthony sold me his demo..he mentioned I could choose to wait for him to make me a fresh one or I could buy the demo (which would be used, in a sense) at the same price.
I went with the demo and am VERY happy.
But I suspect it would therefore be the first of its kind.
Anthony...can you clarify?

GtrGeorge

thanks for doing that, it's great to hear. right now I'm due for a Twinface for lots of standard tones that I need but I'm tempted by this mod very much

Totally regret selling my one of these...was in a place of module overload and guilt, it happens from time to time :-(