Egnater pickups?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter

Reaction score
I'm hearing that Bruce designed some pickups. I see them in the import Paul Stanley Washburn Les Paul. What's the poop?

They sound incredible. Only available in Washburn guitars at this point.

I believe it was Frank that designed the pups. Can't compare as I haven't ever played Duncans. I just know on the Washburn WI66Pro (which was **** sweet play git) they just screamed. I have trouble getting pinch harmonics on my Wolfie but not with the WI66 and those Eggies.

I may have to get one.

I saw on a Parker site that a couple of models had Egnater pickups and on the washburn site they had a bass with egnater pickups,when I talked to Frank today to place an COD order I should have ask about these pickups .

Parker is also owned by US Music Corp which owns Randall and Washburn as well.

I would think it was Frank that did the pickups since he told me before that he winds his own for the guitars he builds and sells.

-Matt

I think they're called "LaMarra" which I believe is Frank's last name. I remember he had a Strat style guitar he built at NAMM last year that I played through a MOD 50 with Vox and E-Rect. It felt GREAT. Stainless steel frets, action very low, very resonant, felt very solid. I think he said at the time that he sold them for around $2000, but that may have changed. Great, great guitar.

Im convinced theres nothing those guys cant do that is amazing.

-Matt

Correct on all points. Frank is the guitar "geek" at Egnater. He is on the never ending quest for the perfect instrument....as everyone is. He did design the pickups for Washburn and they are great. Only available on their production guitars. Franks last name is LaMarra.