Footswitchable reverb ideas for RM50 combo?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff R

Reaction score
Any one have any ideas how to make the reverb footswitchable for my RM50 combo?

I figure there's probably some kind of switch I could use to break the reverb chain in the parallel loop to kill the reverb but I'm reluctant to go out and buy something unless I know it will work right and not be detrimental to the sound.

I guess the big question is if you break the chain in the parallel loop, will you break the chain entirely and kill sound from the amp?

Or, would it be possible to rig up some type of volume pedal in the circuit to be able to foot-control reverb levels on the fly? That would be the ultimate for me compared to on/off because I like a rich reverb on cleans and subtle for gain situations.

I just unplugged the send/returns on the reverb tank and the amp operated fine. I'm convinced there's gotta be someway either to kill reverb outright via a switch or to roll the level via a treadle pedal.

You could use a pedal that sits between the reverb and the parallel effects return that either allows the signal to pass through, or connect tip to sleeve to mute the reverb output. www.loooper.com is a good place to get custom pedals like this made.

If you wanted to use a volume pedal for this, you'd need one that can deal with line levels. A passive volume pedal would probably work, but I'm not really sure.