The Nuts? Scott Ian

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have all three Scott Ian modules and the nuts is the only one I have issues bounding with. It definitely has a marshall influence. It doesn't have the specific rather scooped mids of my SL++. It's rather light on bass and the medium-high and treble are quite in your face which sometimes make it sound quite shrill. It would definitely need a boost in the medium / low medium to have a little more body.

I must say my poweramps don't have a resonnance control as the Randall has, which could really help fine tune it.

I have compared it quite a lot with the 1987. The 1987 has a lot less gain so I use a wylde overdrive as a clean boost. With this setup, they are almost on par in terms of gain. The Nuts sounds more compressed while the 1987 has more body, sounds more open and warm.

I still need more time with the nuts. In spite of what I said, it has a lot going on for it. It sounds great, it is just that it's particular voicing falls somehow short, at least with my guitar / power amp / speaker configuration.