MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the 1086 good to stay?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Signature Artist MTS Models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hot rod5312
RM20

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Is the 1086 good to stay? Reply with quote

Recently I'm not using my 1086, planing to send it to mod, but I heard 1086 is discontinued, so I'm considering is it good to stay or go?
Any advise?
Smile
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
BigBrewtus
Donating Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was renamed the Plexi-Plus. Very useful module IMO. Very versatile.
Amps: RM4, RM50H, Lynch Boxes: Production #1 RM50 & RM100
Modules:
Peacemaker, MarXman, Soldano,
Friedman Brahma
JF Ultra
Brahma
Super V
Mr. Scary
Lots and lots of trades, buys and sales on this forum.
Tbag
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that!! It's awesome
Boss GT Pro, Fractal MFC-101,
Mesa Cabs
Nacho Daddy
RM20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the difference between a 1086/Plexi-Plus and an SL+ [randall] module ?
Hamner1
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1086 & Plexi Plus are identicle other than faceplate. The 1086 was a Dan Donnegan signature model. When he split from Randall, they just rebadged it the Plexi Plus. SL+ is a different beast altogether. The later blackplate versions are more voiced toward a JCM800 Marshall.

I kind of dug my 1086 when I had it, although I felt the scoop switch was worthless. It was instant mud. I did not think it sounded anything like the Plexi module either, so renaming it Plexi Plus is somewhat inaccurate.

In my opinion if the tone doesn't quite do it for you, send it off to get modded. I doubt you would be disappointed.

Good deals with: warlock, sickpunk, marinebassplayer, Rising Farce, durchgedreht, mattfig, & others.
Nacho Daddy
RM20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using an RM4 on and off since '07 [when it works.] I just got an RM50[converted the combo into a head] a couple of weeks ago and I'm going to try to get some different preamp tubes for it. I tried the SL+ with it and dialed up a microphonic version of GnR . Guess I need new 12ax7s for the module too. So far I've got nine modules plus an SL is coming that I ordered from Egnater. I have a Top Boost [mildly modded] and an XTC[stock] that are the best sounding modules I have. The rest of the modules are waiting on coin to be modded.
Oyster
Donating Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Love my 1086!! Reply with quote

Keep it!! Mod something else.
rblyn
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Love my 1086!! Reply with quote

Oyster wrote:
Keep it!! Mod something else.

I just picked up a JF modded 1086 in a trade- WOW!!! Yes keep your 1086 but yes send it to Rob!! Totally surprised me! Kicks the crap out of the stocker but keeps the flavor if that makes sense. I had to give up a very nice mod (Voodoo Scary which is badass in its own way) to get this but its very kick @ss. Its also got a tight/loose switch and a dark(Marshall)/bright(Modern) gain voicing option. Been using it to drive some Metallica covers with the band and it smokes!
"only the best" mods!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Signature Artist MTS Models All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: