RH50T Problem caused by myself...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archenemy.pl

Reaction score
Hi, I have emailed this problem to Randall but I think I'll post it here anyway.
I have accidentally destroyed one of my power tubes (or I think I did it ) by turning the bias pot to far clockwise. The amp started to play at half of its power. It still sounds OK but it's very quiet.
- Can I safely use my amp till I buy new set of tubes? (it will take some time) or will it lead to do more damages...
- Because I need to buy new set of tubes I think that I could try other power tubes such as: Svetlana 6L6GC, Sovtek 5881WXTPL or Electro Harmonix 6L6EHPL. Can I simply put them in place of my EL34EHs? How should I bias my amp for those tubes?
As I mentioned I've emailed Randall but I forgot to write that I use RH50T amp :) Please help me ! ! ! ! :)

Hey bud,
I really recommend you replace both power amp tubes with a matched pair just to be on the safe side. You don't wanna risk your transformer.
I tried looking up your owners manual to see if your amp is switchable between 6l6s/el34s but i couldn't find it at all. I really recommend you Seds, Winged Cs or JJs over any Sovtek whenever you purchase your new power tubes. Best of luck and sorry i couldn't answer the 2nd part.

Thanks for any help :) There's no any switch so I assume that I can use only El34s. But here "chgo skinny" says He managed to put 6L6s into this amp, so there's some hope ;)