What do the components do?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a sticky thread about where to get info on modding modules.

The top post on this sub-list has a link to the modifications and that's great for starters, but does anyone have a full schematic of the modules?

I can guess that C3 is probably a blocking cap for the input to Grid 1, and that on the Vox, C7 and C13 are cathode bypass caps, removing them drops the gain. Maybe R7 is a feed resistor between stages, or part of a voltage divider for following stages.

I am wondering about how the first stage tube (in the RM4/RMxxx) is configured (just a buffer?), is the gain split equally in the tubes for the modules with the tone stack make-up gain covered in the second dual triode pair.

Just looking at the PCB layout PDF's, changing components to convert one module to another could work - but is not worth the effort. However, I would love to preserve the SL's Marshall signature, but remove the "hot rod" part of it. Having the schematic and comparing it to other Marshall schematics of the day would give a head start.

Inquiring minds, you know.... :idea: