Wires in the way

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LynchisGod

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just cranked up my new RM100LB with the Grail module, and I'm loving it!!!!!! The only issue I'm having is, the first opening for the modules has a bunch of wires thats holding the module out too far. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so... what did you do??? Not a big deal right now, but when I add the next 2 modules it will be an issue. Thanks!!! Joe

I have the same prob with my RM100M and its in the same spot ie first slot from the left, i tried to just push them up and got the mod in there but im worried about how hot those preamp tubes get and those wires sitting on top.

Thanks Disaster, I think with the open hand hole on the side I'll be able to get it in, but same thing, wonder about the heat myself. Thanks for the reply!!

When I had my Lynch Box head apart I noticed there was not a lot of room for the wire bundle. It's tie rapped and is easy to move if needed. I advise to watch just pushing it out of the way you may cause a chafe in the conductor insulation that may not rare it's ungly head right away... but down the road when you least expect it.

Here is the spot we are talking about...

I moved the wire bundle on mine off the corner you see it sitting on in the picture.

And just for sharing here are more interior shots of the Lynch Box head and cab...

Khing

Is there any fan or air flow for the modules pre amp tubes to breath?
How is the heat radiated or is it even necessary that the modules even need it for this design?? Just asking any one because I'm at a serious conclusion and ready to purchase MTS RM100M amp or Lynch box!

The individual mods have thier own mechanical heat dissipation by design... take a look at a mod on the randall site and you will see the silver metal shroud over the tubes.
The Lynch Box has a built in fan.

Khing

khingpynn said:
The individual mods have thier own mechanical heat dissipation by design... take a look at a mod on the randall site and you will see the silver metal shroud over the tubes.
The Lynch Box has a built in fan.

Khing

I talked with a Sales Rep "Rich Shelby"at Randall/American Music Corp today to get some other questions answered and all is looking well!
The conversation also came up about the heat dissipation and the answers were positive! I feel pretty good about my next Randal purchase now so no more worries here! I'm really existed about the many different modules there are to sort threw If I get board with a tone.

The RM100 has a small 12v fan that sucks the the hot air out of the module space so does my MOD50,there is never a worry about heat,I've played it for 6 to 7 hours in a day at times and left the amp on and still running cool as can be AWESOME!! :D