MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's in your Lynchbox Cabinet???????? See Last Post
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Signature Artist MTS Models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caine
RM100

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spencer4hire wrote:
Caine did you put the foam in your cabinet? Mine doesn't have any and it sounds like an empty box? I have 2 Super Vs in mine.

SuperVs are nice speakers too. And yes I did. It's just some cheap foam I picked up at the local Joann's Fabric store. If I were a little more patient, I would have probably waited and bought some acoustic egg crate style foam or something, but when I got the speakers and was ready to install them, I wanted to "get r done" so I just used the most easily attainable foam.

I think I'm going to open it back up and remove the piece that is on the bottom (or cut it back further). I have a 1 x 2 Thiele cab that I built from EV plans that is loaded with a EVM 12L. Per the instructions, in that cab, I only have (not foam, but fiberglass insulation) on three sides and the back but not on the bottom. Although, because that cab is smaller, it would block the ports if there was anything on the bottom. For this cab, I just cut the foam back a bit but I think it might be better to just not have any foam on the bottom--it's rear ported and the port is along the bottom. I also put foam on the back panel.

3M Super 77 spray adhesive works great for sticking the foam to the inside of the cab. I sprayed it on the foam and the inside of the cab, let it get tacky for a few seconds and then used a few staples from a staple gun to hold the foam in place (although it seems like I may have not needed the staples). An electric bread knife works PERFECT for cutting the foam.
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Signature Artist MTS Models All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: