Randall T2 - MIDI Footswitch?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bemymonkey

Reaction score
Hi, I just tested a T2 head and pretty much fell in love with it...

But the store didn't have the footswitch on-hand, so I couldn't really check out how that works. Does the amp support storing MIDI Presets with separate EQ and gain settings for each of these? Or is the MIDI purely for channel switching (i.e. no matter what you do, the EQ is always shared across all 3 channels...?).

Anyone have a picture of the standard footswitch? I'd really appreciate it, since Randall don't seem to want to post too much info on their site (For God's Sake, it's an amp, not a secret WMD!)...

Thanks in advance ;)

Not sure about the T2, but the V2's midi footswitch allows each channel to store whether you want the EQ or the FX loop on/off. Of course, the T2 doesn't have a 5 band EQ, so that won't apply.

BTW, the V2 isn't much more money and it's a lot more amp IMHO.

Thanks for the reply - I haven't had a chance to hear the V2 in action yet - is it pretty much the same as the T2 concerning sound?...

The EQ makes a wold of difference. With all the options, it's like having 6 different sounds on tap via the footswitch (9+, when you factor in the loop possibilities).

The thing is - I absolutely LOVED the T2's sound - I just want to know if the V2 is capable of producing the same sounds and MORE, or if it has its own, completely different sound...

Awesome, I'll definitely take a look at that if I get the chance, then... :)

Thanks for your help...

There's a definite difference between the T2 and V2. The T2 has a shorter, less complex signal process, so the sound is more pure. Think of it this way: the V2 is the successor to the VMAX, and the T2 the successor to the Titan. I am buying the T2, myself.