RM100KH won't shut off

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SickPunk

Reaction score
So, my brand new RM100KH won't shut off with the power switch. With the power switch off, and stand by on, it still plays. I have to power it down by pulling the power cord. Awesome! Anybody run into this? I guess it is going back...

SickPunk said:
So, my brand new RM100KH won't shut off with the power switch. With the power switch off, and stand by on, it still plays. I have to power it down by pulling the power cord. Awesome! Anybody run into this? I guess it is going back...

Never heard of this but I bet a wire came loose or something simple. Before you send it back- Call US Music Corp and see if there's an authorized repair center anywhere near you-Since its new and under warranty, you should be good to go and will be much easier than shipping that heavy *** head back!

Uh oh... Maybe you have the HAL 9000 of Randall amps?

"Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?"
hal.gif

It's probably just a loose wire to the power switch (as stated above). You'll have to decide if you want your new amp worked on or go through the undesirable task of shipping it back. Good luck, man.

Yeah call randall ..you'll probably get the following " we're sorry..the number you are trying to reach is no longer in service..|"

Ok so this is weird -- the exact same thing just happened to me. I very gently wiggled the power switch horizontally and it started working again.

Could the switch need to be replaced/resoldered?

I wiggled the power switch horizontally and it started to work correctly. I'm not sure if I should continue with sending this thing back or keep it. I had another amp in mind. I wish I could see what is behind this switch that would cause this to happen.

ncsouthpaw said:
Ok so this is weird -- the exact same thing just happened to me. I very gently wiggled the power switch horizontally and it started working again.

Could the switch need to be replaced/resoldered?
I think the wires to those switches have a crimped terminal
end and the can get a bit of oxidation on them. The wiggling
may have just helped re-seat the connection.