rc235 Stereo Chorus

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pforsell

Reaction score
Hi. I have a rc235 stereo chorus. I have a couple questions if you can answer them. I bought it used and don't know the date. Any easy way to find out the date of the amp by number/appearance?

Also, the pots are scratchy as hell and the volume goes in and out of being loud or soft and the tone changes when turning up the master volume. What's the best way to fix them. This amp wasn't used for a while. Contact cleaner?

And lastly, any good pointers on this amp? What do you guys know about it? Any tips for getting great tones? Is this anything like the RG combos?

I ran a keeley distortion through it with and eq in the loop and it sounded great! The only thing is that it was a little flabby on the low E string. If I could tighten that up (tubescreamer didn't totally work), my tone is really good.

Thanks in advance,
Pete

pforsell,
most of people here are fans of the MTS series of amps that Randall did...we do get some other traffic but...it may take a while till someone posts on your amp. Just sayin.
But Randall has done all kinds of cool amps.
..and welcome to this this cool forum run by Ned.
GtrGeorge