RG50TC or RT50C ?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarspaz

Reaction score
I'm about to pop for one of these models. I don't live near a place that I can try them, so it'll be an internet order. Looking for opinions from someone that has tried both or either. I generally like to dial in an nice AC/DC style crunch and use my guitar's volume control to clean up a bit, and kick with an OD pedal if I want things fatter. I rarely need a a true "clean" tone at all, but I do need the OD channel to be responsive and clean up significantly when I roll back the guitar's volume control. I don't need Nu Metal type tones, just classic rock to 80's rock type tones. Is one of these amps as good as the other for my purposes? To the casual observer, It looks like the newer RT50C a new looking slightly less featured version of the original RG50TC. Is this a fair assessment ? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

If I'm not mistaken RT50c is from RT100H family and It's a tube amp. I own a RT100H head and I can dial the AD/DC tone you are looking for.
pretty nice amp if you ask me.