Dual Lynchbox's

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SickPunk

Reaction score
photobucket-3765-1333754352171.jpg

Sweet...love the shot perspective too, makes the one on top look mini :)

:lol: :lol: That's what I thought.
I was thinking how the hell did a mini 3 module Lynchbox go under the radar.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any functional difference beween the RM100LB and the RM100M?

I would have loved to get the LB but the M fell into my lap and I grabbed it.

The tolex on mine is starting to "come off" the top rear of the box, so I may have it re-covered.

Thanks.

DonP said:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any functional difference beween the RM100LB and the RM100M?

The tolex on mine is starting to "come off" the top rear of the box, so I may have it re-covered.

Thanks.
Only thing I can recall is that the LB comes with EL34s and M has 6L6s.

BigBrewtus said:
DonP said:

Thanks.
Only thing I can recall is that the LB comes with EL34s and M has 6L6s.
Thanks. The used RM100M I bought came with EL34's, so I can scratch that off the list LOL! It's funny but I remember reading a REALLY old Guitar FTPM article and George was saying how he loved 6550's in his Marshalls. How tastes change.

DonP said:

Thanks.

I have an RM100LB and an RM100M and I heard a slight difference between the 2.

I had the same tubes biased the same in each (All Tung sol pre, JJ EL34 inside and 6L6 outside) through the same cab, with the same guitar..

The LB was a little brighter sounding, but that could have been because the M was older and at some point Randall changed the Presence and Density board.

The tolex on my M was coming off too, I just superglued it back in place.

Thanks.

Sort of an older question, as I bought a Lynchbox a while back. I A/B'd the two for a while. I kept the LB but I liked the tone of the M a little better. I think I can dial in the LB to sound like the M if I spent some time with bias and tube swapping.

The M had Ruby EL34 tubes, the LB has JJ EL34 and EL34L pairs.