Malcom vs. Brahma, are they the same

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmic10

Reaction score
I heard a great clip of the Malcom, it sounds like it can do everything in the low to middle marshall camp
How does the Brahma compare? They are hard to find and a little over priced!!!
Thanks in advance
HOward

Similar in voicing, but not the same. The Brahma will have more gain. The Malcolm is actually rather low gain. I just took 10 of them in at the shop on my last order with Randall and spent some time with one the other day.

Interesting.... my own experience, having had one stock and two Friedman modded Brahmas was that the Malcom was really darker voiced than the Brahma.

By the way Scott, I received my RR59 platinum very quickly, thanks a lot. I haven't been able to try it though as my rack is grounded due to some severe ground loop issues. Can't wait though!

Ive had both of these....Both kind of thin for my tastes but the Brahma has more gain and is also much brighter. The Malcolm did nothing for me at all. Dull and dark. I guess it could be used as a clean channel....

The Malcolm did nothing for me at all. Dull and dark. I guess it could be used as a clean channel....

Quite true and that's why it takes a boost really well. Extra gain, bite and presence and we have a very convincing AC/DC tone

Rob, I think you should probably create a switch on the Malmcolm called the "Angus" which brings out more bite so people could go through either channel.