Egnater IE4, opinions

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stringplinker

Reaction score
I have a chance to pick up an Egnater IE4. I can't find a whole lot of info on this preamp and was hoping I could get some opinions of the quality and durability. ANY input is appreciated.
It is the rocktron made unit. No footswitch.
What is a fair value? The seller wants to work a trade with my JEM7vwh.
Thanks

Its the greatest clean Fender and Metal amp. Steve Vai distortion of 1996. Dimebag of 93. Its all there. 7x 12ax7 pre amp tubes divided in a/b. Seperate 4 channels. 1= fender twin, 2 acdc, 3 petrucci, 4 vai solo...

I've heard nothing but good things about these. Hard to find and usually pretty expensive. I'd love to get my hands on one or at least try one out.

You should most definitely pick this up!!!! They are built solid and sound great. In fact playing a friends recently is what made me hunt down an M4 and try to put together at least channel 3/4 of the ie4. If you don't like it, you would have no problem unloading it. Seriously though, idk how you would not like it

Keith Howland of Chicago uses an ie4 in his rig. He mentioned in a youtube video demonstrating the Rebel 20, that the Tourmiester reminded him a lot of his ie4.

I just saw one go on ebay for about 600 USD. I seriously considered it but the seller didn't wanna do international.