DIY custom faceplates

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdramsey

Reaction score
Here are some of my first attempts at making some custom faceplates for my modules.

I just bought a Dragon module and the faceplate had a paper overlay that was really worn. So I decided to try and do a new faceplate and this is the result...

DragonFaceplate.jpg

Dragon.jpg

Some other faceplates I have made for my stock modules.

Clean
Clean.jpg

Tweed
Tweed.jpg

XTC
Bogner.jpg

Kev

Looking good. I like the dragon plain. Although you kind of lose what the graphic is with the knobs & switches. But there all looking good.

Thanks man! I agree the dragon gets lost in the background... I am still working with that one to see if I can move it around so the background can be seen better.

Kev

Also interested in this. I am not a fan of the silver (mirror) faceplates.. actually, I dislike them quite a bit.

Sidebar: Are any/some/all of the modders doing overlays (stickers, etc)? New faceplates? Re-screening old ones?

Thanks for the compliments. I am using the sublimation method transferring the printed image to Dynasub metal plates.

So far these have all been done on the white coated metal but I have some satin gold and satin silver metal coming in this week. I plan to use those to make up some Plexi faceplates.

Kev

Very cool. I've been playing around with some faceplates ideas, myself, but haven't made the time to make any of them reality, yet. Good work!

Let me know if anyone has some ideas for new faceplates and I will see if we can make it happen. My theory is the more practice I get the better my faceplates will be...

Kev

That is some good looking stuff. Do you have any with the satin/brushed silver?

Thanks! I have the satin brushed silver plates cut but not printed yet. I am definitely doing a silver Marshall plate for a custom mod module I just had done for me.

Also working on a Mesa Mark IV faceplate that I might use the silver plate... But I might make that one black just not sure yet.

More pics to come this weekend.

Kev

Holy smokes, that Plexi faceplate is sexy. I vote black for the Mesa Mark IV but looking forward to seeing what you come up with :D

Any interest out there in some nice basic faceplates to replace the old stock mirror style plates from Randall?

I am thinking about doing some basic ones in gold and silver if I get enough interest to make it worth while.

Thanks,
Kev

I would be interested in a Brahma plate on silver. What price point are you thinking?

I am thinking $10 as a price point.

Just to clarify, I would not be putting "brand names" on any faceplates I sell. These plates would only have the dial markings and the Gain,Bass,Middle,Treble,Volume, and Bright labeling.

However if you want to come up with your own name for the faceplate then I would have no problem adding it on...

Kev

This is dang cool - did the dragon get updated yet? That was a pretty bad *** start!