Opening for Eddie Money, 5/25 at DTE/Pine Knob, Detroit area

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gag halfrunt

Reaction score
Hey guys, here's the gig spam:

My band, Impossible Tuesday (website in my sig) is opening for Eddie Money on May 25th, at DTE Energy Music Theater, in Clarkston, MI (north of Detroit). It's a big stage, and we are really excited to open for Eddie.

It would be awesome to see some of you guys there. I'll be the guy on stage left :)

It would be great to see any of you dudes there. Here's a picture of the venue for anyone who hasn't been there before.

7184218590_0ef332e2ef_c.jpg

Congrats!!! Looks like a great gig.

A guy I know plays guitar for Eddie...Eddie seems like a very solid guy (thanks his band profusely etc etc)...and seriously, some great music come from the guy.

GtrGeorge

GtrGeorge! said:
Congrats!!! Looks like a great gig.

A guy I know plays guitar for Eddie...Eddie seems like a very solid guy (thanks his band profusely etc etc)...and seriously, some great music come from the guy.

GtrGeorge
Thanks, George. We're really psyched to play DTE!

And only 1 hr. away. I'll never forget my first time there, saw Bob Seger with Peter Frampton opening. Uh, I think that"s who was there. Those were diferent days back then if you know what I'me sayin. :roll:

Well, the gig was FANTASTIC! We had such a blast. The crowd was great, the sound system was incredible, and the folks working at DTE were awesome. I'd play there any time!

Here's a photo sent to me from one of our fans. I'm rocking my SC245 Goldtop.

BillandTony.jpg

Everyone at the gig was interested in the MTS - none of the guitarists playing on that stage that night (or the roadies) had ever seen a modular system, so they were checking it out pretty closely.

But since this was a major gig, and I had just received some of these modules, the RM100 was my backup rig. Primary was the Engl Powerball II you see on the left. It's running through a non-descript 4x12 with Marshall-labelled V30s. The RM was going into the Mills Acoustic Afterburner loaded with V30s.

Sorry about the crappy phone picture, but we were actually doing soundcheck when I took this. If you look closely, you can just barely make out the modules in the RM100. Try to guess them, and I'll list them below the photo.

DTErig2.jpg

Left to right: JF Voxless, Salvation Angel E, JF XTC.