Gigmods contact info

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best way to contact is 'stratotone' on Rig Talk board. You can also try [email protected]

I have a Brown and Modern available for immediate delivery. :wink:

I e-mailed Pete a couple months ago and received a response next day. At the time, he was still doing MTS mods and had a turnaround time of 3 weeks. Though for full disclosure, one of the members here has been waiting for his mod from Pete for over a year. I say e-mail him & feel him out to see what you think. He seemed pretty legit & straight up to me.

By the way, I'd ask him the tonal differences between the black XTC mod you're looking at and his red XTC mod. The YouTube video of that red XTC sounds killer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xw8dYdbnXg

I sent him an xtc last year. Sent him payment through Paypal. No module yet. This was January/February of last year. I will be happy to forward the email chain to anyone contemplating a mod from him. Let the buyer beware.

Pete is actively trying to resolve any outstanding MTS business he has remaining. He has stated that he's lost 2 computers worth of email, and has admitted he's lost track of customer's communication details. I understand Fxrfxr's situation, and feel sympathy for him. However, I think he could probably get this resolved at this point, if it was something he was interested in doing. Here's the thread Pete just posted a couple days ago re: this, wannabweiland: http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=15849

Thanks but I heard that excuse too. I promised Pete not to reveal that fact so as not to spook other customers. He could easily go to the public library or a friends house and log onto PayPal and his email to find my info that has been sent again and again. To me it is resolved. The man is not honest or competent to take people's modules or money. By the way, when I got the computer crash excuse it had been a year. You would think he would be embarrassed enough to get it done, computer or not. Did his crashed computer keep him from spending my cash? I am sure he has been on here and seen my posts. Again, nothing. Now he trolls around Rig Talk. I wish I could keep begging him to give me my module and some day get it so everybody here can see how happy it all turned out but that isn't going to happen. I don't want it anymore. I appreciate everyone's feedback. I just think it should be public what hasn't been done. If anyone can get the module out of him you can have it with my blessing.

I haven't posted here in years.
In 2011, I quit gigging so I could take care of my aging parents (who have now passed) ...so my use of 100 watt guitar amps has all but disappeared.
Back in 2009(?), Pete modded my Blackface with two switches and a hot-rod upgrade. I paid him upfront $200 and told him "there is no rush, just get it sounding right".
Pete assured me the turnaround would be less than 6 weeks. Nearly 6 months later, I demanded he finish my module. I got it back a week later, but there was an audible loud *pop* when using one of the switches. The overall sound didn't seem any better or even different from before.
Upon telling Pete of my dissatisfaction, he offered to fix it. I didn't want to risk having the unit gone again for another undetermined period, so I declined. He also offered to send another unit with the same mods, but I had lost faith in him by this time. I did not ask for or receive a refund. Pete warned me NOT to badmouth him on this forum so I never posted about it, till now.
I contacted Jaded Faith on here and he agreed to fix it.
He did! Sounds great now! (Still like my hot-rodded DLX better though) :p
In Pete's defence, he was dealing with a lot of ship in his life at the time. However, I lost my respect for his opinion (his ear) when I read this quote he posted on Rig Talk:
"Used a Kemper for nearly 3 years live, haven't missed a tube amp for performing since".
No wonder he was so mediocre or hit & miss at modding.
Don't get me wrong, modeling preamps are great in the studio. I have several units.