need help with effects chain

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snatchss454

Reaction score
Im not sure which is the best way to go about chaining my effects pedals. Here is what I have:
Straight into the amp from guitar:
Digitech Whammy
Boss TU-2 Tuner - Bypass doesnt work in effects loop
Dunlop Wah

Out of the effects loop send into a Boss BCB-60:
Boss CS-3 Compr.
Boss CE-20 Chorus Ensemble
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Boss GE-7 EQ
Into input channel A of a BBE Sonic Maximizer 362 out of the output of channel A to the effects loop return.

First of all Im not sure if thats how the BBE is supposed to be used in the loop, or if I should also use channel B so please let me know if its wrong. Second I wanted the Compressor to go between the Whammy and Wah but I want the tuner to silence the guitar while tuning and you cant do that through the effects loop, so how should I arrange the chain.

Heres a pic:
468763_111_full.jpg

The stuff on the board goes through the loop, the first row is directly into the amp. Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Shane

yeah I agree. Ive been up since 8 this morning messing with this setup and I finally have it. The setup goes like this now:

Guitar - Whammy - Compressor - Tuner - Dunlop Wah - Amp

Effects loops send - EQ - Chorus - Delay - BBE Sonic Maximizer - Effects loop return

Moving the EQ before the chorus really quieted it down which really buzzed when it was after it. I tried a couple different cabling avenues for the BBE but just left it at the end of the effects chain and only using channel A.

Thanks for the reply.
Shane

So your putting delay in the series loop? Do you feel that having so many effects in the loop takes away any tone or crunch? I have most of mine in between guitar and amp. Using the RM100 head.....