Remove preamp tubes if 4 cable methods used?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raed666

Reaction score
Hi,
My question is, when using the 4 cable method, I no longer need the preamp section,,will it hurt my amp by any way if remove the preamp tubes just to conserve their live? Or incase im not plugging in the normal input they are not being consumed,,,I noticed when I was on Ch.3 and I removed the cable in the input the channel swithced back to Ch.1 which made me think that they are automatically shutdown? or maybe if i put all the preamp knobs is the fastest coolest way to conserve theor lives? Help Plz!!! and Plz Recommed me if i should use the 4 cable method with a VooduValve for effects and EQ and honestly good sound? or should I buy some modulation for my SWEET randall head (It Has Awesome Preamp As Well) :roll: :twisted: :?:

I thought the idea of 4 cables was to continue to have use of yuor head as one of the options (?) I say do NOT remove tubes

4 cable method uses all of your amp - your preamp section, loop, and power section. Removing preamp tubes would not be a good idea. Your signal is going through the preamp section and getting shaped there.