Custom 59RR?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamner1

Reaction score
I like this idea of adding the 2/3 gain stage option to the 59RR. Rob am I just not connecting the dots. Is this mod not available to be done on 59RRs already made?

Hamner1 said:
I like this idea of adding the 2/3 gain stage option to the 59RR. Rob am I just not connecting the dots. Is this mod not available to be done on 59RRs already made?

It's not going to be retrofitted onto a previous 59RR for several reasons (it's essentially rebuilding half the module, it is tuned differently in several ways, it needs a completely different faceplate, etc....you get the point). It was first built as a custom job last September and inspired the combination of this and the standard to create the Platinum Edition last February. I get so many inquiries for them it just made sense to put the info online.

I am waiting for My 59RR which has the 2/3 (caswell #39) mod i got it in the place of the diode clipping which is standard on the module, I think i will love it as i love the classic G&R and Lynch Tones! Thanks again rob for getting it out the door this week.. Im looking forward to recieving it and my other mods on monday (according to the tracking site)
-mp-

zepplin490 said:
I am waiting for My 59RR which has the 2/3 (caswell #39) mod i got it in the place of the diode clipping which is standard on the module

That's a great move, the diode clipping is interesting and nails that sound, but in my applications I never really used beyond curiosity. The 2/3 toggle is a glorious feature!

I love my 59rr custom it will never leave my left module bay on my rm50 (at least till i get my rm100 back) it is the most versatile module i have ever used it nails everything from classic rock like "cat scratch fever" and all that 70's stuff and roars all the way to early 2000's children of bodom and everything in between Im glad i got the 2/3 gain stage it absolutely kills everything even on vintage mode or on the jmp setting... Nothing better Im thinking about another one so i can have 2 different sets of settings in my amp like classic crunch up to scooped modern high gain it does it all...
-mp-