T2 or V2 headphone jack??? What???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJLeo77

Reaction score
To those who own either one....
Do these heads have headphone jacks?????

I read some dude's reivew and he said the V2 has a headphone jack.
I don't believe it.
Please confirm.

Thanks.

No headphone jack on mine-they have a slave out and a direct recording/mix out,that's it.( I own the V2) :D

onegunguitar said:
No headphone jack on mine-they have a slave out and a direct recording/mix out,that's it.( I own the V2) :D

onegunguitar,
Thanks. BTW - Which cab do you have with the V2. and how do you like it?

I run my V2 thru 2 Fender MetalHead cabs. They're rated at 400 watts each and they come loaded w/ 100 watt Celestions,sounds pretty **** good!!! :twisted:

You could get a dummy load. I know that weber makes a Mass attenuator that has a headphone jack and can be used like a dummy load.

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/hpa50.htm

You would just have to make sure you don't crank the volume on your amp up very much as this thing is only 50 watts

MetalMajik said:
You could get a dummy load. I know that weber makes a Mass attenuator that has a headphone jack and can be used like a dummy load.

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/hpa50.htm

You would just have to make sure you don't crank the volume on your amp up very much as this thing is only 50 watts

Thanks onegunguitar & MetalMajik.

MetalMajik, can you provide some more info about these "dummy loads"?
What are they and how do they work? Sorry I new to this kind of stuff.

OK

All guitar amplifiers have to have a load. If you think of your amp as being like an engine, your engine is designed to operate with a load. The motor needs to have some force working against it, otherwise it might run faster than it is designed to and would damage it.

Well, guitar amps are the same way. Your guitar amp is designed to have a certian resistance pushing back against it. This is the load. Guitar amps have 3 typical load settings, 16 ohms, 8 ohms and 4 ohms. A few amps out there can also run at 2 ohms.

You NEVER want to run your amp without a load. This can cause unrepairable damage to your amp.

So, what do you do when you want to run your amp without speakers? Well, you use a dummy load. A dummy load simulates the resistance of a speaker load. Some dummy load (like the THD hot plate) use a big resistor to simulate the load. The Weber dummy loads have a speaker inside them that doesn't have a cone.

I just threw the dummy load suggestion out there. I think it would probably be easier (and maybe cheaper) to try to run a headphone amp from the amp's direct out. But the only way I can think to do that would be to run the amp through a small mixer that has a headphone output.

MetalMajik said:
OK

All guitar amplifiers have to have a load. If you think of your amp as being like an engine, your engine is designed to operate with a load. The motor needs to have some force working against it, otherwise it might run faster than it is designed to and would damage it.

Well, guitar amps are the same way. Your guitar amp is designed to have a certian resistance pushing back against it. This is the load. Guitar amps have 3 typical load settings, 16 ohms, 8 ohms and 4 ohms. A few amps out there can also run at 2 ohms.

You NEVER want to run your amp without a load. This can cause unrepairable damage to your amp.

So, what do you do when you want to run your amp without speakers? Well, you use a dummy load. A dummy load simulates the resistance of a speaker load. Some dummy load (like the THD hot plate) use a big resistor to simulate the load. The Weber dummy loads have a speaker inside them that doesn't have a cone.

I just threw the dummy load suggestion out there. I think it would probably be easier (and maybe cheaper) to try to run a headphone amp from the amp's direct out. But the only way I can think to do that would be to run the amp through a small mixer that has a headphone output.

MetalMajik,
Very good info. Thanks for that...I'm kind of lost when it comes to ohms. I'm going to do some research and educate myself because I should know this kind of stuff if I'm going to invest in a powerful head like the V2 or T2.