59 RR module for EVH Brown sound?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikegyver

Reaction score
Hi,

I am very interested in getting the 59 RR module, but I want to know if it covers the EVH/brown sound as well. Some clips I've heard sound pretty good, but only play rhythm and no leads.

Anyone have any lead clips with the RR module besides ozzy/randy songs?

Or if the 59 RR isn't for me, can someone suggest a good EVH/brown sound module?

Thanks!

There is a stock "Brown" mod out there. Not very many but I had one way back when and liked it. Think the stock SL+ might do the trick.

Modded has more options

JF 59RR
Salvation Mashall
SG MK22, Bully

And then there's the modded modules based on modded amps...lol

Salvation Camerock
JF Quickmod
SG Knucklehead or whatever the real name is

Then theres...

You get my point.

:)

While I certainly think the 59RR (or even more so, the 59RR Custom) will get your there, I'd also seriously consider the Brahma #39 from my Custom Shop line. I hear more VH influence in that module than the 59RR (which is more of a do-it-all Marshall module).

Another popular choice is a Base Modded Brown module (we don't have to have a Brown to build you one) tuned with that goal in mind. It's a fantastic bang for the buck and can be tuned to whatever you like.

Hope that helps,
Rob

As a proud owner of a standard RR59 & Brahma 39. I'm going to agree with Rob, I think the Brahma 39 will get you closer to the EVH Brown.

Ed has different sounds. For his modern stuff, you can't go wrong with the JF EVT. It has quickly become my go-to module for metal.

For Hagar era stuff, I'd look at the Salvo SLO (I haven't played the JF version, so I can't recommend it) and C3. He used a 5150 Prototype, CAE OD100 and SLO on the F.U.C.K. album, which is my favourite Sammy album.

For early eddie... I felt the Randall Brown had WAY too much bass!!!!!!!!! Maybe a modded version would be better. I'd recommend either the Shiver or the Plexi Tweed. I can get many, many tones out of my P/T/ Its tones will surprise you!

I haven't played the QuickMod, but I used to have 2 Splawn QR's and they will get you into Eddie land.