Anticipation

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewiv

Reaction score
So, in my first batch of dual channel mods, I sold Rob short. I only had so many mods, and cash, so I spread them out. Well, got some donors and proceeds from various sales, off a modding I go. :D I had some tones to fill in. I'm going with dual channels versions of:

ERECT
Mark X
Ultra Lead
Quick Mod
and a custom module, named Toxin (bonus points if you guess what tone I'm chasing).

I don't have any MESA tones and I don't generally use them. Having MTS I like having a full tonal library. I occasionally have guest MESA players, so.... I had to fill a tonal void. Ultra Lead is for me. I've always wanted a real one and just never got around to it. Module it is. I have quite a few Marshall-esque tones, but I've never owned a Splawn. Always wanted one and there is no such thing as TOO MANY Marshall tones. The Toxin is something custom, a tone I have wanted for over 20 years and could never NAIL. It's up to Rob to find it for me. :D No pressure. It's not popular, probably the only one he'll ever make, but it's what I want.

I hope Rob doesn't mind I'm spilling the beans, but I'm bored at home watching my niece and the dogs as my wife shoots (photography, not shotgun) a wedding.

Toxin... Oh yeah that Britney Spears tone when she was done working with The Neptunes... Great tone :)

Guessing biohazard...?

the-toxic-avenger-part-ii.jpg

Waiting is the always the hardest part for me. I have a JF XTC on order as of today.

dcg8 said:
How is the dual channel Ultra Lead? Any clips?

Not sure. :) I'm in the waiting line. Thankfully, I got checked in prior to the amp show. Rob said it would be about a month before he got to my mods. He got pretty back logged prepping for the amp show.

Waiting... :lol:

I'm hoping Rob can deliver these to me at the Egnater Amp Class in November. :wink:

drewiv said:
dcg8 said:
How is the dual channel Ultra Lead? Any clips?

Not sure. :) I'm in the waiting line. Thankfully, I got checked in prior to the amp show. Rob said it would be about a month before he got to my mods. He got pretty back logged prepping for the amp show.

Waiting... :lol:

I'm hoping Rob can deliver these to me at the Egnater Amp Class in November. :wink:

Yeah ive got an Xtc and an erect in line somewhere in there
-mp-

I know what you guys mean. I have a VybroVerb and SLO-OD coming my way. It is kind of like being in high school again and having an upcoming date with a girl that you know puts out.

I just saw this thread this morning and you guys cracked me up over and over. :lol:

We certainly got swamped over the past two months due to a perfect storm of sorts. Once we locked our spot at the LA Amp show we went full speed ahead creating a few new mods and revisiting some classics with new and improved versions. That caused a surge of orders obviously. After that we had to focus on building one of everything in time for the show to have demos which caused September output to be cut to 1/3 of normal. The show was a HUGE success and that also caused an influx of orders.

The good news is I was able to get Jamie in the shop full time for at least the next 4 weeks (he also works as a union electrician wiring stadiums, government complexes and larger commercial jobs as the work is available). That's a HUGE plus from a productivity and output standpoint. We already shaved a week off turnarounds since last Wednesday and are cranking full speed ahead right now.

Thanks for all your patience and business gents, it will be worth the wait for sure!

As long as Rob is busy, that's a good thing - it means he can keep doing this modding thing. Waiting is just part of the deal.

... and someone guessed the tone. Sad, but true, it's C.C.'s tone on their 2nd and 3rd albums. :oops: Yup, I love that tone. So liquid and full of sustain. Feel free to ridicule.

I'm waiting on a EG34 I sent for a dual Quick Mod as well. I wonder if you got in ahead of me? I was hoping to have the first :wink:

Glad Robs getting alot of business!

I'm in the mix also.
Waiting for-
1959 platinum
XTC with added mid sweep
Texas special
Erect- in for repair
Stein Plus

Can't wait. As soon as I get those. Three more are getting ordered. :shock:

Hmmm... Well if you're going for the 2d and 3rd album tones for Poison,you're not actually getting CC's playing, but from what I've "allegedly" been told, it's one of a handful of studio cats...

Allegedly

So breathe a sigh of relief :)

Oregon said:
Hmmm... Well if you're going for the 2d and 3rd album tones for Poison,you're not actually getting CC's playing, but from what I've "allegedly" been told, it's one of a handful of studio cats...

Allegedly

So breathe a sigh of relief :)

:lol: I know I'm in the minority, but I actually enjoy C.C.'s playing. Sure, he's no shredder, but I think his solos fit the bill. His tone on Cat Dragged In was AWFUL, probably the WORST tone of 80's guitar. His tone on the following two albums is one of my favorite from that era.

I have never heard that he *ALLEGEDLY* did not play on the 2nd & 3rd albums. Regardless of who it was, the tone was slick, IMO. I've come close with a handful of modules, but I figured WTF - give Rob a shot. :D