MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remote Viewing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frodgemo
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Remote Viewing Reply with quote

Anyone familiar with the mind skill of remote viewing? More or less just curious to see if anyone's heard of it or not...
gag halfrunt
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only on Art Bell.

Kemper into Atomic CLR neo.
GtrGeorge!
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea has been around for years...since the 60s I can say...
usually talked about in rather odd places.
Just sayin'

GtrGeorge
frodgemo
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what could be odder than a bunch of guitarists? Haha...in all seriousness though, real RV (by which I mean the highly structured and trainable protocol) was developed between '78 and'86. There is much confusion even today about this, as many people latched on to the term "remote viewing" for various reasons. The name itself is somewhat of a misnomer, too, as you don't really "see" anything, you describe and sketch it...
Oregon
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen documentaries about Cold War espionage via remote viewing. Pretty interesting stuff from quite a few viewpoints.
gag halfrunt
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon wrote:
I've seen documentaries about Cold War espionage via remote viewing. Pretty interesting stuff from quite a few viewpoints.

Me too. But like alien sightings, the claims made by the remote viewing crowd are usually vague or difficult to verify.

ncsouthpaw
RM50

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a few of those KGB/CIA documentaries as well. Interesting stuff.

There was also a movie a few years back somewhat related to remote viewing The Men Who Stare at Goats. It's all fiction but its good for a few laughs.
Salvation: Baseman / H-WATT
Oregon
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm blown way by how many people apparently had well paying gigs during the Cold War doing this stuff ... On both sides.
frodgemo
RM100

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely was a big deal then, and in many ways is even now. I should say at this point that I am in fact a trained remote viewer myself. Incredible stuff, really. So much so that my music - which has been number one for me my entire life - has even taken a back seat to this.
Mattfig
Donating Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frodgemo wrote:
It definitely was a big deal then, and in many ways is even now. I should say at this point that I am in fact a trained remote viewer myself. Incredible stuff, really. So much so that my music - which has been number one for me my entire life - has even taken a back seat to this.

Wow. This is getting interesting. I thought my left temporal lobe was tingling. Was that you?

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
frodgemo
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattfig wrote:
frodgemo wrote:

Wow. This is getting interesting. I thought my left temporal lobe was tingling. Was that you?

I was looking for a sneak peak of some of your new tracks because I liked the one you used in the JF Trilogy video...
gag halfrunt
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frodgemo wrote:

Ok, you've piqued my interest significantly here. What kind of training did you receive for this? How long are your RV sessions? How often do you do it? Are you working with others?

I've never met someone directly involved, so I'm very interested in the mechanics of it. In this, and all other areas, I am both skeptical and open-minded, so I would definitely like to hear from someone who has done this.

frodgemo
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, Bill, I'll explain as well as I can without writing an essay here...lol.

I did my basic training through a DVD home study course. More advanced training has been done via our online classroom, and the operational group I belong to. This Saturday I fly to Sacramento to receive advanced one-on-one training from the former senior training and operations officer form the military RV unit.

It is a three part process - setting up the cue/tasking/problem, the session work itself, and analysis. A base session usually runs 45 minutes to an hour. After that, depending on the target, there are many high level 'prompts' or 'tools' that can be used to gain more information on a target. For example: its purpose, or that of an element of the site, target geometries (different perspectives), nearest most recognizable feature, detailed drawings, clay modelling, mimicking someone's actions, the origin or cause of something, and on and on. There are also tools to determine something's precise geographic location, as well as experimental tools dealing with timing.

I do work regularly with a group, and on my own, and typically run at least three sessions plus follow-on work per week, more whenever possible.

And of course there's nothing wrong with healthy skepticism - I think critical thinking is something many of us are desperately lacking these days. Very cool that you're interested. If you'd like, PM me and I can send you a couple links you might like to check out - one is an FAQ (bearing in mind that much of the info you'll get from a Google search is less than accurate), and the other is to some public projects, one I was involved in that has recently been completed.

Hope that answers your questions. Take care, man!
Mattfig
Donating Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interested as well. I love this kinda stuff and believe there is so much more to our intelligence and consciousness than we utilize.

Would you be willing to provide a few links to sites, vids, audio, etc. that you would consider valid RV information?

Thanks. BTW, thanks for the kind words on the song. What do you think of the new stuff? Smile

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
frodgemo
RM100

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, and sorry for my temporary disappearance - I've been on the move. Matt, as far as your new material, the only song I've heard was the one used in the JF EV Trilogy demo video, and I thought it was great. I think you really hit the nail on the head when you pointed out how although the song is somewhat "poppy" (nonetheless kick-ass), the Trilogy, though primarily considered best for metal tones really fit in. Hey, a good song is a good song is a good song.

As for links, here are a couple of good ones.

http://www.learnrv.com/faqs.cfm

http://www.rvcommunity.net/viewforum.php?f=27

The first page is an FAQ page - all very good information. The second is a link to some of our public projects, very interesting stuff. It may be hard to understand in some ways, but really, there is very little this technology can be compared to, except maybe learning a new language - the syntax and grammar required for effective communication. Anyway, hope you find that helpful, or at least interesting!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: