UtraLead anyone have one

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not 100% sure about this but I think the Ultralead is like a hotrodded marshall type tone, I also heard it's kind of dry (thats how it is meant to be). But again I am not sure about this, I just think that is how the real VHT amps are and Rob makes amazing mods so I am sure it is close if not spot on.

VHT/ Fryette is on the Marshall spectrum, but it really has its own thing going for it. I wouldn't compare it to a hotrodded Marshall. They track notes faster than just about anything . There isn't a lot of fuzz and articulation is captured well.

I have a Terrier II and used to have a Sig:X and think VHT's are highly underratted. From the new clips on the JF sound sample page, I think the Ultralead sounds like a VHT/ Fryette.. I might even be interested in one eventually.

Would it be possible to do a Graphic EQ on the module instead of a B/M/T knob layout?

Yea take his advice, he definitely knows a lot more about it than I do! Thanks for clarifying that for me The Rossness. And yeah I love the sound of it on Robs sample, I would like to have one some day too.

Would it be possible to do a Graphic EQ on the module instead of a B/M/T knob layout?[/quote]

I have been wanting one like that for a while. At least a 5 band anyways. Only one exist. A one off built by Randall, the Ultra Curve. I asked recently if anyone knew of its where abouts. I think it left the U.S.

Rob was in Detroit this weekend for Bruce's amp building class and was kind enough to bring ALL of his modules with him. I was fortunate enough to play an Ultralead along with many others. What a beast. It was one of my favorite modules and competes with my beloved tricked out Recto. Tracks fast, lots of teeth, big yet tight bottom, great mids. Big Daddy and I will post some more info this week to give everyone some feedback on everything we got to check out.

BigBrewtus said:
Would it be possible to do a Graphic EQ on the module instead of a B/M/T knob layout?

"I have been wanting one like that for a while. At least a 5 band anyways. Only one exist. A one off built by Randall, the Ultra Curve. I asked recently if anyone knew of its where abouts. I think it left the U.S.[/quote]"

Nope, I got it.

kc2eeb said:
BigBrewtus said:

"I have been wanting one like that for a while. At least a 5 band anyways. Only one exist. A one off built by Randall, the Ultra Curve. I asked recently if anyone knew of its where abouts. I think it left the U.S.
"

Nope, I got it.[/quote]

Post a pic.....I'm just curious....

When I have the time I'll take some good pics of it and post them.
The graphic eq is done with op-amps, as you would expect, to fit it all in
the module.
Here's the original post.
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=12201&start=0

Just got my Ultra lead and man was it worth it this thing cranks more than any module ive ever heard and with all the switches you can really crank some incredible tones out of it...sounds great with the gain backed off to this one will be occupying my #2 spot in my rm4 for along time, once again Rob has deliverd and i will contnue my support for our u.s.a. made modules and deal mostly with Rob because he is a waking talking enclopedia of all things amp and mts related..
-mp-

We're cranking away as quickly as we can gent and we thank you for your patience!

There was a huge swell in volume from the LA Amp Show and our Black Friday sale. We lost one week of work from Hurricane Sandy and another to the holidays. On top of that, Jamie is going to be out of the shop for a while to work electrician jobs in the wake of Sandy. You get the idea.

I'm cranking away fast and furious though and doing 12 hour days to catch up as much as I possibly can.

Rob

Jaded Faith said:
We're cranking away as quickly as we can gent and we thank you for your patience!

There was a huge swell in volume from the LA Amp Show and our Black Friday sale. We lost one week of work from Hurricane Sandy and another to the holidays. On top of that, Jamie is going to be out of the shop for a while to work electrician jobs in the wake of Sandy. You get the idea.

I'm cranking away fast and furious though and doing 12 hour days to catch up as much as I possibly can.

Rob

Rob, are you accepting internships? I would love to take a couple weeks off work to help you :wink: