Best JF High Gain Mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
I've been looking at some of these fantastic Jaded Faith mods, I'm going to use the Rverb and MarkX mods for mid-high gain heavy rock.

I'm going to use the Ultra Lead for my death metal recordings, but I need another High Gain module that will contrast well with it.

Any ideas? ......Erect?.....Trilogy?......Stein+ ??

Yup, just watched Matt Fig's vid on the Trilogy, and it seems obvious what the choice is!

So, I'm thinking RM4: Rverb, Mark X, Ultra Lead, Trilogy.

buriedorburned said:
Yup, just watched Matt Fig's vid on the Trilogy, and it seems obvious what the choice is!

So, I'm thinking RM4: Rverb, Mark X, Ultra Lead, Trilogy.
You probably can't go wrong with that combo. I'd also steer you towards the XMG+ and Stein+.

Feel free to email me with any questions, I'd be happy to help.

Rob

I'll have my Stein+ soon and my original Stein I got from Fig was great for Death Metal! I have to throw in the Salvation S1S0 in for Metal also.

I haven't played the JF Trilogy. YET!

I love the XMG. I don't have the + and am not sure what that is. All I know is that it is a high gain monster and I'll be damned if I can figure out how ROb made it so quiet!

For Death Metal, I'd personally go XMG+ or Stein+

The XMG+ has very unique mid voicing, scoop it out and its Death Metal for DAYS!!!

The Stein+ has richer mids but may be too close in that dept to your other modules

There is NOTHING wrong with the EV Trilogy, but I find that to be less Death Metal and more Sevendust. Unless, of course, you think Sevendust is Death Metal :p

Let us know what you decide!

H

I've just watched videos on both XMG and Stein, both are VERY impressive!

lol, these high gain mods are insane!

Now I cant figure out which I like more.....

Im quite partial to the good ole ERECT has all the gain and articulation i'll ever need.. Of course ive got an Ultra Lead that may become the newest fav high gain mod..
-mp-