MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuno module proto on eBay
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Signature Artist MTS Models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oregon
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Nuno module proto on eBay Reply with quote

Kinda interesting ($500 seems a bit steep but I guess it's the only one?)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Randall-Nuno-NBKING-MTS-Prototype-Module-/140872424839?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cca69d87

I really love the tone from the III Sides album - not sure if I hear it on the YouTube demo of this mod. Of course it's not studio recorded, compressed, eq'd and mixed into a song setting...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MZJJAon-RL8

Anyway ... Thought I'd share here since its interesting to see a proto. I wonder if the regular Nuno amps are or aren't selling so Randall decided to not produce it?
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
Disciple
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was originally mine, I got it from Funky Munky and they got it from Randall at the time along with another one off module, the Ultra Curve with a graphic EQ instead of knob EQ.

It was definitely a standout sound that was not like any other Randall mod (stock or modded) I have owned or played. Very cool, but was never released Sad I miss it and only sold because I need $ at the time and it was something I knew would sell quick being the only one in existence and now it's not even staying in the MTS community here in the classifieds - the current owner is trying ebay (boo!)

I'm guessing if they are a member here they are only listing on ebay hoping to get more $ for it then they could potentially get here.
GCX/GCP
Daryl
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@$500 someone would have to be a complete idiot to buy that thing. I know it's extremely rare, but it's also extemely overpriced. There is no real collectors market for Randall yet. On top of that $64.02 shipping!!! What a f&*king douchebag!!
drewiv

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not 100% sure on this, but didn't Rob take a look at this module? If so, he could get you one much cheaper.
Disciple
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drewiv wrote:
I'm not 100% sure on this, but didn't Rob take a look at this module? If so, he could get you one much cheaper.

Wasn't able to recreate it - need an additional pcb built in to existing board.

I sent it to Anthony and he successfully cloned it with an additional board but because there's no high demand I believe he is delaying a release on it till there's more interest.
GCX/GCP
drewiv

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple wrote:
drewiv wrote:

Wasn't able to recreate it - need an additional pcb built in to existing board.

I sent it to Anthony and he successfully cloned it with an additional board but because there's no high demand I believe he is delaying a release on it till there's more interest.

Well, there you go.
Oregon
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting stuff... So there was an added circuit board, or was it built on its own unique board like the XTC (I gather the xtc is unique?).

Still a custom order from Salvation would likely be less than $500 plus $65?

If it doesn't sell I would expect it to come back with a lower buy it now.
BigBrewtus
Donating Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I remember the extra board was the circut similar to the Pro-Co Rat pedal. I wanted that module too. It is over priced in many of our eyes but whos to say it isnt worth it. LOL I think Funky Munky had it at about that price with a best offer option.
Amps: RM4, RM50H, Lynch Boxes: Production #1 RM50 & RM100
Modules:
Peacemaker, MarXman, Soldano,
Friedman Brahma
JF Ultra
Brahma
Super V
Mr. Scary
Lots and lots of trades, buys and sales on this forum.
Hamner1
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I remember the UltraCurve was the mod at a $500 listed price from Funky & this mod was $300 or $350 price. I love the sound of the NB100 & would love a NB mod if the price was right.

Good deals with: warlock, sickpunk, marinebassplayer, Rising Farce, durchgedreht, mattfig, & others.
Jaded Faith

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mod can easily be recreated for FAR less than the $500 in that auction. I still have the full notes in the shop. I didn't go through with it for two reasons:

- It really didn't sound very good at all stock, and that''s judging it by "stock module" standards. Could you mod the original circuit to make it better? Sure, but that's not the idea behind accurately recreating something is it?

- It would require a separate PCB to float a part of the circuit. Not impossible, just a PITA for something that wasn't that good in the first place.

The PCB was a custom board that wasn't used on anything else. It essentially added an OD circuit to the design while completely changing the layout. Neat idea, poor execution IMHO.

That said, if someone wants to pay $500+ for it then that's just what it's worth!
Authorized Service Center for US Music and Egnater
Authorized Reseller for Celestion, Scumback & Mercury Magnetics
The Rossness
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$500 ...overpriced? Hahahha

I paid close to $700 for a one off Salvo Custom 3++ with extra gain stages and the equivalent of the Whomp switch that's found on the Suhr amps.

If I ever sold it, I'd never get anywhere close to my money back.

As for the Nuno module... I played his signature Randall amp and wasn't that impressed. It's kind of funny as I've seen live videos of Extreme where Nuno has a Splawn instead of his signature Randall.

2 RM100's with Salvo Stonerverb, Cammerock, and MarkUS,
EVH 5153, TC Electronic BG250, Markbass CMD 2x10p, Fryette Pitbull CL100 w/ EQ

WTB: Framus, Buddy, Terrier
Kapo_Polenton
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This mod can easily be recreated for FAR less than the $500 in that auction. I still have the full notes in the shop. I didn't go through with it for two reasons:

- It really didn't sound very good at all stock, and that''s judging it by "stock module" standards. Could you mod the original circuit to make it better? Sure, but that's not the idea behind accurately recreating something is it?

That said, if someone wants to pay $500+ for it then that's just what it's worth!

What would you compare it to stock? I thought the one demo sounded pretty good but clips are never as accurate as hearing anything through your own rig. I think his signature amp can tend to sound a tad fizzy from the clips I've heard but if you give Nuno a rat pedal and a solid state fender, he'll still probably sound like himself (and good at that).

what I find funny is that for a few hundred more, you can prob pick up the real thing on the used market as they really seem to be flipped quite a lot. I guess nuno got an A+ for the styling but not as high a mark for his ears when he approved the proto type? Paying that much for a preamp really seems ridiculous to me... as for the 700$ Salvo??!!!! I don't have much to say about that but this Shocked
danhops
RM50

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasnt it basically a Rat pedal circuit into a Marshall type circuit?
Daryl
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's officially "worth" $425/free shipping. Shocked Shocked Shocked
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Randall-Nuno-NBKING-MTS-Prototype-Module-for-RM100-/140872424839?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cca69d87&nma=true&si=TMuucP7CXjbpTlq0ITc8CEC7TLA%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
SickPunk
RM50

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned that mod before selling it to the seller on Ebay. He sold it for more than I did. I think I was the 3rd owner at the time. Kind of wished I still had it but was able to get 2 better mods for it. Plus, I own the NBKing 100 anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Signature Artist MTS Models All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: