JF Rverb vs Quick Mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
Since both the Rverb and Quick Mod modules are based off of that British Marshall sound. How do they stack up against each other?
I can imagine the Rverb is fairly warmer sounding, as Orange is pretty famous for it's warmth.

I'm asking as I have decided on the Mark X, Ultra Lead, and Trilogy. I need another mid-high gain sound to math up against the Mark X. I figured the Rverb would be best, but the Quick Mod sounds interesting...

I dig my QuickMod, to me it sounds like a modified JCM800 I used to own. It's not a very "forgiving" sound, it has kind of a percussive attack. I like it with active pickups, it NAILS the old school Kerry King tone with EMGs. There are also a lot of "chewy" lower gain tones to be had with lower output hums or single coils. It's a neat mod, that doesn't quite sound like any of the others that I have. I haven't played an Rverb, but I'm definately going to get one into my next order.....just waiting for Xmas bonus time.

Considering your other modules, I'd go with the Rverb. It will sound VERY different than the other modules you have.
The QuickMod does modified, high gain, Marshall tones very well, but it doesn't clean up much. Mid to low gain tones just aren't there.
The Rverb sounds very unique and cuts very well.
It does low, mid and high gain very well.
I think you'll be really happy with it.

JayDA said:
I dig my QuickMod, to me it sounds like a modified JCM800 I used to own. It's not a very "forgiving" sound, it has kind of a percussive attack. I like it with active pickups, it NAILS the old school Kerry King tone with EMGs. There are also a lot of "chewy" lower gain tones to be had with lower output hums or single coils. It's a neat mod, that doesn't quite sound like any of the others that I have. I haven't played an Rverb, but I'm definately going to get one into my next order.....just waiting for Xmas bonus time.

MMMMMMMMmmmmm SLAYER!!!!!!! :shock:

I have to look into the Quick Mod!

Good crisp attack?

I got a quick mod coming soon, been on the list for a few weeks. Can't wait to plug and play. The real amps sound so saturated and cutting. If u play more trash id say quick mod, more doom sludge prob go with Rverb. I had one and it was cool, just not my cup if tea. Your opinion may vary.

I can't say enough good things about the RVerb! I have a lot of modules and it is the most unique of all of them. There is a certain kind of warmth to it that I can't describe.

I agree with Ricky, the RVerb is special. It takes smoothe to a whole new dimension.

The best way I can describe the RVerb is that it's round sunglasses, insense burning, 70's cool, but don't let that description fool you, its got TEETH!

I love, Love, LOVE this module! In fact, I just got off the phone with Rob ordering one with a couple extra Big Daddy tweaks ;)

I can't WAIT to get my hands on that sucka!

H

I'm with Big Daddy. I think the Quick Mod is a very interesting module that's super versatile and can be utilized in different way but as far as British sounding mid gain amp that is very to the point, i preferred the Rverb as well.

Oyster said:
JayDA said:

MMMMMMMMmmmmm SLAYER!!!!!!! :shock:

I have to look into the Quick Mod!

Good crisp attack?

The Presense knob really allows you to dial in the crispness of the attack. The QuickMod would be great for Slayer. :twisted: