RM amp upgrades

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah. I got my rm50 at robs now getting some mods. He's adding some switches that utilize the first tube stage. And also gonna do an adj. loop level via a pot. And some other secret sauce as well. I told him to go nuts with it, anything to change it for the better.

I must admit I've been pretty tempted to ask the same....

Friedman used to offer some mods to the power section to make the Presence/Density more useful...more 'marshall-like' I'm told...and they sound killer....that'd be cool if JF offered a version of this.

Mods to the first tube stage are interesting too....perhaps I need to send an email :)

Hoping it will blow my mind. It's been at his place for a couple weeks so as long as all goes well I should have it this month or the next. I'll post my opinion and what all he finds to improve once its back home :D. I think he's gonna find ways to utilize the amp to its fullest extent, without changing OT's and such

We not only work on modules, but on many tube amps. There's a lot of possibilities in the MTS amps, just ask. As time permits I may post a menu on our site.

We just did a KILLER job on a Peavey 6505+ last week. The Rhythm channel became a 59RR-based channel and the Lead was tuned similar to a Modded Ultra XL. The owner was very happy and a review and video are forthcoming. Much more affordable than you might think as well.

As an owner of a modded 5150II myself, that's something I'd really like to see!