MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scott Ian still uses his Randall :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Signature Artist MTS Models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egynd
RM50

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Scott Ian still uses his Randall :) Reply with quote

scott ian still uses his RM amplifier Smile http://www.premierguitar.com/Video/20121030/2058/Rig_Rundown_Anthraxs_Scott_Ian_and_Rob_Caggiano.aspx

thought it was cool to see Smile
JayDA
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Scott Ian uses his Roland signature modular amp, which is no longer in production."

Gotta get me one of those Roland amps
Very Happy
egynd
RM50

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha yeah I saw that to Rolling Eyes Razz
rblyn
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebecca Dirks is hot Very Happy ....

oh yeah and the amp is cool too!! lol
"only the best" mods!
Disciple
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome - looks like him and Dan Donegan are the only ones who actually played their signature gear on tour even after being discontinued or no longer endorsed (Dan).
GCX/GCP
egynd
RM50

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I know that Kirk Uses his in the tuning room, but thats about it.. and his randall logo now is broken so it says " dull" Razz
Disciple
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

egynd wrote:
Yeah. I know that Kirk Uses his in the tuning room, but thats about it.. and his randall logo now is broken so it says " dull" Razz

I'm pretty sure he did that on purpose with dull.
GCX/GCP
egynd
RM50

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know he did that just for fun Wink
the cool thing is that he is still using it , even if its only in the tuning room
Jacksauce
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

egynd wrote:
the cool thing is that he is still using it , even if its only in the tuning room

Maybe because he didn't get modded modules Wink
egynd
RM50

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacksauce wrote:
egynd wrote:

Maybe because he didn't get modded modules Wink

Haha yeah thats it Wink

and neither have I yet Sad( i have to get my ass in gear and get some !
Oyster
Donating Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and neither have I yet Sad( i have to get my ass in gear and get some ![/quote] Question

It's a whole new world with the great mods out there!

Let the addiction begin!!!! Twisted Evil
2-Egnator M4
2-Mesa Recto 4x12 V-30s
Pickups-Bare Knuckles, EMGs, Bill Lawerance
Line 6- HD500

Lots of good deals on the forum.
egynd
RM50

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oyster wrote:
and neither have I yet Sad( i have to get my ass in gear and get some !
Question

It's a whole new world with the great mods out there!

Let the addiction begin!!!! Twisted Evil[/quote]

hehe yeah, I`ve talked to Rob a few times alread y now , so i guess i know almost whati want; )
Riculus
RM100

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He records with it as well. You can see it in the video that comes with their new album.
JF VX 30
JF 59RR Custom
seanh303
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old thread, but just wanted to say, talking to a few in the know folks, I was told that Scott was REALLY amped about his Randall signature line...like more than anyone, which is saying a lot because George and Nuno both spent a lot of time tweaking their sounds and aesthetics. I don't know why it took U.S. Music so long to get Scott's stuff off the ground, and pretty much too little too late, which must have really bummed him out, but like I said, I guess he was super jazzed about it.

Just my opinion, but his modules, speaker selection in the cabinet, and visual styling were the most extreme out of any of the sig line, and I think his stuff totally kicks ass. I'm still lusting bad after one of his cabinets, they come loaded with some killer made in U.K. Celestions. I've got his modules, but not the head. Definitely a metal vibe to it, and I think it looks pretty killer. I think a couple guys here got one of his heads at a good deal a few months ago.

Idk man, they had some pretty good sponsorship for this line, I'm really amazed it didn't do better. I personally feel the Kirk Hammet head is the most versatile (has a couple extra features beyond the others iirc)...but overall I feel like Kirk put the least into his line (even though it was the most expensive!). His modules are OK, but honestly, I'm pretty surprised that out of 3 he picked one to be a clean module. As far as his cabinets, the RS412KH100 had the "custom" G12H-100 Celestions, made in china I believe, and I never got a straight answer about how much different the voicing was compared to the production G12H-100 speakers. His RS412KHX cab has x-pattern Vintage 30's and G12T-75 Celestions, also made in china models I believe. There's really nothing special about any of these 3 speakers, as you could already buy one of the regular MTS cabs loaded with them. On top of that, I felt like his styling was almost identical to the regular MTS stuff just with a badge added (his head looks cool but basic compared to the other 3 sig heads).

Nuno obviously went completely custom to his taste, selecting the non-MTS head with a great vintage vibe. He selected 20w U.K.-made Celestion Greenbacks, which may or may not be twice as good as the china-made Celestions, but they're almost twice as expensive. A lot of guys aren't crazy about Nuno's head or speaker selection, but I feel he really did mold it to his taste for both sound and looks.

George made a lot of changes to his gear. He started out from the beginning with custom speakers, the Eminence Super-V, which U.S. Music soon lost the contract with. Some of his cabs came loaded with U.K.-made Celestion Greenbacks while Celestion was working on his new custom speaker, the Lynchback. So all of his cabs came with either custom speakers he helped design, or at least super high-quality fill-ins. His styling looks badass to me, and most seem to agree there's something special about his heads compared to the regular MTS line. He designed the most sig mods out of anyone, and they pretty much hold their own stock against a lot of modded ones. He definitely put a lot of effort into his line.

Then there's Scott...as I sayed, he was totally pumped about his line. Pretty much went to extremes with styling, also I think his modules are some of the most extreme out of the stockers, so I feel like he didn't hold any punches. And he selected U.K.-made Heritage 30 speakers for his cab, which are kickass and expensive. I was told he was asked to tone down the syling a little, and basically said pissoff that's how he wants it.

Maybe Randall just doesn't have the street credit as a top-shelf brand...but every signature offering (aside from the KH cabs) had top-shelf components. A lot of the cabinets are made in U.S., with U.S. (Super-V) or U.K. speakers...just my opinion, but as good as anything that cost even $1k more.
Jaymzrock
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KHX is a pretty bitchin' cab. But/yet I do agree with everything stated. Too little too late. Sucks man, such a great concept. I dare say I'm an MTS user for life. Rob has enough flavors to roll me through all my musical midlife crises! HAHAHAHAHAHA with stylings to match.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Signature Artist MTS Models All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: