XMG Users let's here from you

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey mate, I love my xmg+

I don't think I'd use it for blues rock, though if I were in your position I'd get one for the tonal diversity it would add. I'm sure it would broaden your style, it's a fantastic mod!!!!

The XMG+ is absolutely brutal for high gain, modern metal. But it's a one trick pony. For a mid gain blues thing I'd suggest:
'59RR
XTC
Plexi/Tweed (If you don't need more than SRV gain)

XMG+ is all about tight, dead quiet, ultra high gain. It actually doesn't sound bad when you back the gain off, but I would definitely go with a 59RR or XTC if I was seeking a bunch of mid gain tone options.

Another question for you folks that have an XMG....Let me just say that by playing bluesrock my tone and gain are in the Slash, Allman bros les Paul vein.....is the XMG still to over the top for Slash or Van Halen tones? I play les Pauls...
I am not a Stevie Ray Strat guy....at all

I love my XMG+. I use it for its precise machine like gain.
It has good note separation and tracks fast. The way I set it, it's like a modded recto tone. It has a big, but tight bottom. Highs aren't piercing, but it cuts through well. I like playing it at high gain. I use other mods for lower gain stuff. You could like it though, never know till you try! It's inspiring to play for sure.

Just my .02. But I'm a metal guy with a little blues and acoustic vein.

It can do lower gain rock differently though, it's a cool flavor

Sorry to chime in so late, but I have been off the computer for a week. I agree with everyone here. I own an XMG and I do quite a bit of bluesy flavored rock. I would not use the XMG for that sound. I have Rob's Dumble OD Special for that...or like everyone said, the 59RR or the XTC. I have even used my RVerb for that sound, but the XMG is just way too nasty. And I mean that in a good way!

I've heard some people comparing the XMG to the Salvation Angel, is this accurate?
I love the Angel's German Engl-ish tones, very modern tech metal blah.

You guys are killing me. My XMG+ should be here tomorrow or Saturday.

I'm glad to hear it's in your face Metal! :twisted:

buriedorburned said:
I've heard some people comparing the XMG to the Salvation Angel, is this accurate?
I love the Angel's German Engl-ish tones, very modern tech metal blah.

I didn't find that to be the case. To me, the Angel sounds like the world's angriest Marshall, whereas the XMG is firmly in the Recto/Cobra camp.

audiomidijace said:
The XMG+ is absolutely brutal for high gain, modern metal. But it's a one trick pony. For a mid gain blues thing I'd suggest:
'59RR
XTCt
Plexi/Tweed (If you don't need more than SRV gain)

The XMG+ was sitting on my step when I got hme. Spent a few hours with it and multiple guitars. I didn't care for it based off the clips I heard. I am so glad that a good trade came together.

This mod is Brutal Metal!!!!!

I'm with you not realy good for blues rock.