Which Erect style faceplate is which?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warlok

Reaction score
I have my Erect (single Randall based) that I got from Big Daddy (Thanks again man!!) and I'm loving it more everytime I get to messing with it. This has nothing to do with sound but... I'm curious as to if/when there was a change in the faceplate and knobs. The one I have is the darker faceplate without the grill like the Egnater dual module pic on the website. Not the lighter one with the grill like the single one on the site. I also have black knobs (could have been added later). Just curious about the difference like when/why?

The faceplate change was done when I switched to a new plate production process. The knobs were changed several times between 2010-2011 due to very unreliable domestic suppliers. The quality and availability were horrible for a very long time from my normal suppliers, to the point where they stopped carrying them until they could get that worked out. I then partnered directly with a supplier in China, who has consistently provided good quality, affordable and readily available chrome knobs to me. This is also the reason the original XMG did not have chrome knobs: I simply couldn't count on getting enough to meet demand.