MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jaded Faith Mods Tone Comparison Chart
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keithf
RM20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds great,is that feature footswitchable? is there any video's to see them in use?
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
nitrous12
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithf wrote:
sounds great,is that feature footswitchable? is there any video's to see them in use?

On the Egnater MOD50, MOD100 or M4 you can footswitch between the A and B side of the dual modules. Shared EQ with independent Gain and Volume for each side. The Randall RM100 only can be modified to use the dual modules, but you would need an aftermarket footswitch with at least 4 buttons to access every module and channel.

Here is a link to a dude demo'ing an Egnater EG3/4 module where he goes between both sides. Cut to about 1:25 to hear it in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAWFizNAvtU

What amp do you have?
Keithf
RM20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll be picking up my old rm100 on sunday which i sold back in 2005 .
is the mod something that can be done yourself?
L82theParty
Donating Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Tone chart Reply with quote

Awesome. That confirms it next mod is a Snakebite. Come on gig money.......
The Rossness
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like there's room for a natural and saturated module, but what would that be?

2 RM100's with Salvo Stonerverb, Cammerock, and MarkUS,
EVH 5153, TC Electronic BG250, Markbass CMD 2x10p, Fryette Pitbull CL100 w/ EQ

WTB: Framus, Buddy, Terrier
nitrous12
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithf wrote:
i'll be picking up my old rm100 on sunday which i sold back in 2005 .
is the mod something that can be done yourself?

I don't think so. I know a few years ago Egnater was doing it for like $450, which included return shipping.

Shoot me a PM on this...may have a way to hook you up.
Jaded Faith

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the mod is proprietary and requires replacement boards and programmed MIDI boards. I get a lot of questions about MIDI, both regarding the RM100 and amps that don't have it at all like the RM50 and other brands. I don't think people realize MIDI is programmed IC's and it really needs to be incorporated into the design from the beginning if you want it as an internal/integrated solution.

Keep your eyes open for a very limited offer from Jaded Faith Mods coming very soon. Wink
Authorized Service Center for US Music and Egnater
Authorized Reseller for Celestion, Scumback & Mercury Magnetics
Keithf
RM20

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds intriguing,Could you poss pm me some details??
mfgobbi
RM100

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaded Faith Mods Tone Comparison Chart Reply with quote

Jaded Faith wrote:
As per your requests, we are proud to bring you all the updates Jaded Faith Mods Module Tone Comparison Chart for 2014:

It's an excellent tool for comparing various modules according to their gain and tonal color attributes. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

- Rob

Let me try to help myself given that those 6 qualities are somewhat subjective. Correct if I am wrong:

Compressed/Saturated = not very dynamic, not very sensitive to picking strength, more subtle pickup definition, sustain for days, more forgiving to sloppy playing and poor picking technique.

Organic/Open = more dynamic, responds well to picking strength, picking technique, guitar volume and tone controls, let pickup tone characteristics go through more clearly, more unforgiving to uneven playing/picking and sloppiness.

Natural = simpler circuit, flatter frequency response, not too much signal filtering or manipulation, clipping more natural and tone may present weirdness when signal is pushed too hard. Usually better sounding up to mid gain.

Extreme = Signal strongly manipulated (filtered) to be focused on particular frequencies (scooped tones come to mind), very high gain and well defined all the way.
MarcoR
Donating Member

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Jaded Faith Mods Tone Comparison Chart Reply with quote

mfgobbi wrote:

Let me try to help myself given that those 6 qualities are somewhat subjective. Correct if I am wrong:

Compressed/Saturated = not very dynamic, not very sensitive to picking strength, more subtle pickup definition, sustain for days, more forgiving to sloppy playing and poor picking technique.

Organic/Open = more dynamic, responds well to picking strength, picking technique, guitar volume and tone controls, let pickup tone characteristics go through more clearly, more unforgiving to uneven playing/picking and sloppiness.

Natural = simpler circuit, flatter frequency response, not too much signal filtering or manipulation, clipping more natural and tone may present weirdness when signal is pushed too hard. Usually better sounding up to mid gain.

Extreme = Signal strongly manipulated (filtered) to be focused on particular frequencies (scooped tones come to mind), very high gain and well defined all the way.

Very good descriptions!
buriedorburned
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to an updated version of this chart with the new mods!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Jaded Faith Mods All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: