Sacred Groove XTC

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bukak65

Reaction score
I just got it. Holy sh!t. Loud, Massive, Deep, Grinding are just a few ways to describe this module. Way to many sounds and switches in one mod. If you can't get a good sound out of this one, stick with the Cello. Thank you Scott. You saved me about 3K. Now if someone could come up with a Diamond amp Spitfire mod, I'd be all set, well at least for a week.

Yep, the XTC LE is a seriously formidable module. I spend most of my time on the red channel on that mod. I like the less-saturated structure, with the gain around 1:00, for typical playing. If I really need over-the-top, the saturated structure with gain around 10:00 or 11:00 gives it to me. The blue channel is cool, though it's easy for it to sound thin and trebly if you're not careful. I need to spend more time on the Plexi mode, because I know there are some cool tones in there.

Awesome module. Top notch work. I have Scott's XTC and Fisch and both great modules. Somewhere I posted a crappy comparison of the SG XTC, Stock XTC, Salvo Ecstasy and the real Bogner Ecstasy classic.

ibenhad said:
Awesome module. Top notch work. I have Scott's XTC and Fisch and both great modules. Somewhere I posted a crappy comparison of the SG XTC, Stock XTC, Salvo Ecstasy and the real Bogner Ecstasy classic.

Where?

I'd love to hear this comparison. I'm in the process of talking with Scott to tweak my Salvo...is that sacrilege?

Detailed comparison of Salvo Xtacy and SG XTC will be very, very interesting... :idea:

I found this while surfing the board. It a comparison between a Bogner XTC and a Salvo XTC. We need to get a Jaded Faith up there also

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=14797

Bukak65 said:
I found this while surfing the board. It a comparison between a Bogner XTC and a Salvo XTC. We need to get a Jaded Faith up there also

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=14797

Yup. I did that one a while back. As soon as this recording project is finished, the Salvo is going to Scott for him to tweak the Shiver into his Blue channel.

I started to do one of a Rockerverb MkII vs Salvo Stonerverb, but ran out of time with the head. Side by side though, through the same cab, by ear and feel they were pretty close. The Orange had a lead as far as air and smoothness goes. The Salvo was about 85-90% there...close enough for me!