My new JF-XTC just arrived!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
Lucky me, my new JF-XTC just arrived at my desk! Along with my new Iron Maiden-Number of the beast VANS!! :twisted:
I'm not sure which of them I'll try out first! 8)
Thanks Rob!
You're the best.
Jace

audiomidijace said:
eyeball987 said:
Yes the XTC rocks!

Any setting suggestions from users?

Set all knobs to noon and set switches for appropriate gain. :D

That is pretty much where all my modules end up. See pic below.

I am going to pull the JJ pre's in the XTC tonight and drop in some Ruby's. The treble will probably end up back around noon after that.

2012-11-15_16-22-48_763.jpg

I swapped the JJ in V1 with a ARS and plugged into a Marshall 1960A with 75's last night. Rocked along to Facelift and solo Cantrell. It was a good tone night!

Since I swapped cabs, I couldn't really tell if the ARS did much for the tone. The 75's brought out a good bit of Facelift tone though.

eyeball987 said:
audiomidijace said:
eyeball987 said:
Yes the XTC rocks!

Any setting suggestions from users?

Set all knobs to noon and set switches for appropriate gain. :D

That is pretty much where all my modules end up. See pic below.

I am going to pull the JJ pre's in the XTC tonight and drop in some Ruby's. The treble will probably end up back around noon after that.

2012-11-15_16-22-48_763.jpg
My settings are exactly the same as yours. The only differance is I had the mid sweep added and it set at about 10:30.

I spent some more with the XTC again last night rolling through some low to mid gain tones. Rhythm and leads.

I hit some Gov't Mule, High N' Dry era Def Leppard, The Darkness, AC/DC, and Cheap Trick. I am forgetting a few but the XTC killed it.

The JF Brahma is still the yardstick but the XTC is pretty cool. I need to try it again through the Scumback loaded 2X12. First impressions were that the module sounded better through the G12T75's. I want to test that again.