7$ metal front grill

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Latzenpratz

Reaction score
Selfmade metalgrill bought for 5.95? (around 7$) at the BAUHAUS (Home Depot)
Next step will be a green LED strips inside...
vornach.jpg

The measures are: 70,5cm x 17cm (27,75" x 6,70")

Looks awesome! I plan on doing something very similar soon.

Question, how did you power the LED strip? Just the typical transformer or outlet style or did you somehow wire it in with your amp so it turns on with the amp?

Again, it looks great!

The LED strip is powered by the fan 12v... :)
:idea: Dont use the 12V of your fan for LED strips... seems they are to powerhungry. (0.4A per meter):idea:
Killed my main power fuse two times. :oops:
Use an extra power supply!

From what I understand a very efficient way is to use cell phone chargers as the external power supply. I have purchased several at local Goodwill and St. Vincent DePaul stores for less than 2 bux a pop. Makes it easier to get the right voltage. Around 3.5volts. You can even take it apart and wire it to your amps power supply. I havent done this myself yet but have plans to, so I have done a little research but dont quite have all the answers yet.
Long live DIYers!! :lol:

The LED strip is powered by the fan 12v... Smile
Idea Dont use the 12V of your fan for LED strips... seems they are to powerhungry. (0.4A per meter)Idea
Killed my main power fuse two times. Embarassed
Use an extra power supply!

Yeah, I was curious on the amperage draw for the LED lights. They draw really low power, but evidently still too much to piggy back onto the fan.

I'm guessing there are other suitable 12v sources inside (haven't ever looked in my MOD50 to be sure), but it appears an ac/dc adapter wired directly into the mains would be the best route.

Thanks for having the courage to try this first, I'm going to try this some day!

Latest posts