Another NGD/these things are as addictive as modules :lol:

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamner1

Reaction score
Jackson SLSXMG. I need to put the OFR on, but otherwise **** good used guitar. Had a paid closer attention to the model name I may have passed on it. I purchased it online which is rare for me. 1st online guitar purchase actually. I wanted a soloist but the SLSMG's have a slightly different body style than the traditional SLs (Soloists). Oh well I still like it. At least it has the traditional headstock & not that ugly 3x3 headstock that the SLSMGs came with.
100_1098-1.jpg
100_1106.jpg

100_1108.jpg

Here is a shot of it with the OFR & old style bar upgrade:
IMAG0163_zpsb74876ab.jpg

IMAG0162_zpsedd6f50e.jpg

:lol: neither did I until I picked it up. The only picture I had was a straight on shot headstock to bottom of the body. I was happily surprised.

:D Do these things come in 3s? If the SDX maple fretboard ever makes it to the mainland they will. :lol: This was a refurb, so at $450 shipped I think I got an ok deal. Some relatively minor finish flaws, but no chips in the paint or chipped points. Main issue is the controls. Bridge volume does not function & the neck volume controls volume for both pickups. Not the end of the world as I was thinking of going passives in this, making it my "RATT Mobile" and getting a Custom Custom & Jazz (or '59) installed. Upgrades already being done as I am upgrading to gold hardware. Eventually a gold OFR or Gotoh GE1996T. I will update pics as it gets further along.

Anyway pics of the RRXMG:
IMAG0094-1-1.jpg

Some finish flaws/issues:
IMAG0102-1.jpg

IMAG0096-1.jpg

And the pair together:
IMAG0091-1.jpg

Wow! Its Jackson-mania in your house. hehe I like em both man.
Always been a fan of the RRs. The body shape doesnt really agree
with me so I have never kept one. I have a close friend that is a
Jackson nut and he just stripped his 90s pro dinky
stone finished one recently. I
loved the way it looked but he said he would have to start cutting
the sleeves of his Def Leopard shirts and bleaching his hair if he
kept it that way. Hahaha It probably lost value too. Great guitar and
has the fastest volume pot I have ever seen.

+1 for Jacksons. If you like these you might like the iron label stuff coming out of ibanez right now.

I would have to try one out. 2 things making me shy away from those, well 3 if you count the fact it's an Ibanez. :lol: 1st, they are bolt-on necks. Since going neck through I don't know that I wouldwant to go back other than for a Strat type guitar & tone. The other is I have never liked the Edge trems. Not really sure what it is, but I have never bonded with one when trying out Ibanez guitars.

If you like Jackson's then you should try a Carvin. I still have four jax but my carvins are my favorites. super fast necks.