• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S Randall 2x12 MTS Cab w/ Eminence Texas Heat speakers

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarguy510

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a Randall 2x12 MTS cab upgraded with Eminence Texas Heat speakers and the removable casters. This is a fantastic cabinet. It is the original one with the silver/black grill, not the new one with the cheaper bright silver grill. It comes with the original casters as well as the "Mic Eliminator" on the back so you can run it directly into a mixing board via XLR outputs. This thing is pretty much 99% mint, never left my house. The only reason I'm selling it is because I have 2 EarCandy BuzzBomb cabs on order, one with custom tolex for my rack setup and one with custom tolex/speakers for my Fuchs ODS head on the way! These were going for $500 + shipping when I bought mine (the cheaper grill cloth one is on CLEARANCE on Music123.com for $467.93 right now), so I'm looking for about $375 including shipping within the Continental 48 United States. Please check out my picture as my cab is the one that matches the ORIGINAL MTS RM100-S heads! The newer ones have a cheaper silver grill.

You can check out a picture of it here:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/mfg140/Randall%20RM100-S/Randall_RM-100%20005%20Smaller.JPG

Thanks guys!

gg510-

Where exactly in lower Jersey? Asking cause I grew up in Millville before moving to Texas many moons ago. Rest of the family still lives in Philly.

Just out of curiosity, how are the Texas Heats an upgrade from V30's? I've always liked V30's, but never tried those Eminence speakers. They sure seem like good stuff though!

Tell me, tell me! :D

Hey Ned,

Well I live in Media, PA which is about 20 minutes from Philadelphia, so I consider lower Jersey like anywhere that's NOT in the parts of Jersey closer to New York! I went to pick up a head/cab as a local sale only once up in New Brunswick before.... 2 hour drive!! YIKES! I didn't mind as I ended up making money off of the trade but still! So basically anywhere I can get to up to 1 hour away. Are you interested in the cab? Let me know! :)

Scooter:

The Texas Heats (at least for my music, metal/rock/blues) seemed 200% better than the original V-30s that came with the cab. I am now hooked on eminence speakers, the Heats impressed me a lot. They are like 120 or 150 watts IIRC, so they produce true amp distortion instead of speaker cone distortion! The cleans are great, no breakup unless you have your amp set to sound like early breakup! I play a lot of music in the vein of Trivium, Killswitch Engage, etc. so I do a lot of stop/start palm muting stuff, lots of chunky chugga-chugga rhythm as well as searing lead stuff and this speaker works excellent! It is also due partly to the cab, Randall has and hopefully will continue to make awesome speaker enclosures!!! I just traded my RS125CX to a friend of mine that plays detuned 7 string metal and he fell in love with the cab one day when he stopped by my house to jam! He let me borrow his preamp and after playing my cab he was like "I will give you my preamp if you let me keep this cabinet... it's freaking AMAZING!" so I held onto his preamp (pretty cool for a rack preamp made in the 90's, Digitech 2120 Artist has two 12AX7s in it too!). The MTS cab I held on to but I ordered the EarCandy stuff to "match" my other gear. Very clean speaker as I said above, I like that it doesn't add cone distortion. I'm sure if you paired it with a V-30 cab it would probably sound sweet, as you would have both the cone-breakup distortion as well as the true amp distortion! Headroom like mofo! I spec'ed out my "metal" earcandy cab with an Eminence Wizard and a Swamp thang in their BuzzBomb 2x12, and I also ordered a second custom buzzbomb with two Eminence Red, White and Blue speakers for my Fuchs that is on the way! If you have an MTS cab it's easy to swap speakers, you don't even have to solder them which makes the job a little bit easier/quicker! Hope that helps! If I had a mic I would record a couple clips for you but I don't at the moment! :roll:

I'm sure if you paired it with a V-30 cab it would probably sound sweet said:
That's a good idea! Mismatching speakers in cabinets is all the rage right now. Maybe I'll try a Texas Heat in my MTS 2X12 (paired with a V30) and see how it sounds.

Hmmm.... :wink:

Yeah that would probably sound interesting... although I could think of some other speakers that would mix better with a V-30... If you want to talk to someone cool about speaker matching shoot an email over to Tim @ earcandy cabs! That guy RULES! He's such a cool dude and he will answer all of your questions (even if you aren't buying a cab from him) until you are satisfied! I ended up buying TWO cabs from him! :shock:

P.S. Back to the topic at hand... MTS cab is STILL for sale... someone help me out I have too many cabs here and not enough space!!! :cry: (what a terrible predicament, eh? :p )

Hey would anyone be interested in this cab if I could ship it? Let me know, I should have a container coming on the way that would be big enough for it! :)

Excellent Jeff! Glad to hear it made it safe, I packed the crap outta the box! :lol: Enjoy it, it was my favorite 2x12 cab I've owned thus far.... these EarCandy cabs BETTER be all they're hyped up to be! My friend has great recorded tone and uses them, so hopefully mine will be nice too! Take care of it! :wink: