Jaded Faith RM50 amp modification + 2 new mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunatiBSW

Reaction score
IMG_0640.jpg

So I sent my RM50 to Rob for a couple modifications a while back, and had some time to put it through its paces this weekend.

With arrival of the amp, I also ordered a Quickmod and UltraLead.

First, on the RM50:
-Rob did an adjustable loop (via potentiometer) on the back which lets you go from rack units to pretty much any floor pedal out there.
I previously ran an ebtech line level shifter and it did the job, but still was not transparent and I could tell a difference when activating pedals.
-Not anymore, this is the first time Ive used an MTS amp with my pedal board and notice absolutely no change in tone, volume, noise, nothing. Transparent!!!! Superb job Rob. It took a little bit of time to adjust the module volume, loop pot, and master volume, but once all set, it was glorious sounding.
-Rob also upgraded various caps through the amp and tuned the front end differently to give me another flavor from my RM100. The amp is amazing and sounds phenominal
-Now onto the module....

The Ultra-lead is where its at for metal tones baby. This thing sounds so huge and clear. I play alot of fast thrash metal ala Lamb of God style, with alot of fast alternate picking and staccato style riffs. This things tracks fast and cuts like a samurai sword. This will never leave my collection. Very different from any other mod Ive tried. Lots of gain and tweak-ability, but I like the extreme side of the mod the best

The Quickmod was a mod Ive been wanting to try since its release. Just waiting for the right opportunity. Ive been struggling with marshall tones for a while, looking for something really soup'd up. I really enjoy my 59RR custom but more for heavy rock days and older metal tunes. But this Quickmod puts the icing on the cake for newer metal tones in standard or close to standard tuning. I absolutely love it for Megadeth style thrashy tunes, which is what I have been searching for a while. There is something with the mids that just sounds superb but still retains a marshall-esque type tone. Well Done! Another to stay! It does have a **** ton of gain so tuning this mod was a little different than anything else I have tried from Rob, and it took me a little while to find MY sweet spot for it, but when I did... Pure Magic!

Thanks Rob for bringing Xmas to Texas early! I cannot quit playing these new mods

Well I have a mark X that nails LOG as that's what they primarily use among other boogie amps, but the ultra lead is a great compliment for fast thrash metal :twisted:

I know the boys from LOG use various Mark Series Boogies, but you had mentioned them in reference to the tone of the Ultra-Lead. I have an Ultra-Lead in the production loop & I'm a huge LOG fan so I was just inquiring about the tones available with the mod.

You won't be disappointed if you like to play thrash! But the Mark X has always been one of my favs. LOG is one of my fav. Live bands their tone is jaw dropping live IMO

I was referencing a lot of the tone to the clarity to play faster riffs. The ultra lead has a much bigger low end. But due to the precision and fast tracking it sounds great with most 6 string metal genres.

I just saw LOG, In Flames and Hellyeah last week, and all 3 bands guitar tones were just SICK!!! I've got 4 mods being delivered hopefully this week and then Rob is building me a Framus Cobra prototype mod. It's gonna be fire breathing metal mod. After that I've got a Mark X in my sights :twisted:

Cool to see a full modded amp! Hope to have some work done to mine next year. What power tubes do you like running for your mods?

dcg8 said:
I just saw LOG, In Flames and Hellyeah last week, and all 3 bands guitar tones were just SICK!!! I've got 4 mods being delivered hopefully this week and then Rob is building me a Framus Cobra prototype mod. It's gonna be fire breathing metal mod. After that I've got a Mark X in my sights :twisted:

Let me know how the Framus mod is, always been interested in one ! I'm going to that show this Friday here in Dallas. Small world!

BigBrewtus said:
Cool to see a full modded amp! Hope to have some work done to mine next year. What power tubes do you like running for your mods?

Do it BigB!! The loop mod is worth it alone, the rest just made priceless to me. It gives me a better piece of mind knowing Rob looked through the entire amp as well, since they don't sell these anymore. Mine was the first that Rob has done this full mod to and it was worth the wait and R&D.

I have ruby 6l6GC STR's in the rm50 now, it sounds great. I have a combo of KT88 & E34Ls in the rm100 and it sounds massive, but likes to b played loud. I wanna try some Tungsol 5881s in the rm50 next once I wear through the current ones.
I hope to send the RM100 into rob for the loop mod early next year, I just moved into a new house so have to get settled then ill start on the tone search again!

I'm jealous. Would love to get the loop mod on the RM100 and a general tweak/freshen up. But I'm not shipping a 70lb amp to the US! Return shipping would be a killer

I wonder if shipping just the chassis would make it more feasible.

Hamner1 said:
I wonder if shipping just the chassis would make it more feasible.

The chassis is where the weight is. The shell is not heavy at all. I re-tolex'd my rm100 so got to feel each individually. Safer in the shell also.

Shipping via USPS is very reasonable. I went UPS though which was a bit more, but also better piece of mind

****, that lamb of god show was sick, in flames was amazing as well. Anyone that has this show coming to their town should not miss this one.