How a new module is born

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded Faith

Reaction score
There are often a large number of inquiries about what's in the pipeline and when new mods are going to be released. I thought I'd take a moment to explain.

There are three ways a new module is born:

1: Custom Shop designs
2: New releases that I intend to design
3: New releases that I intend to design and a customer commissions it

Custom Shop designs cover a broad range of customer-specific requests. They can be additional options on a mod we offer, custom graphics or something completely off the wall. You dream it and we try to make it happen for you. The pricing is per our ala' carte price list and there is no additional charge for the R&D. These are typically not mods that we intend to officially release, but we will gladly build more than one. We do a lot of custom work and it's easily seen on our Custom Shop page on our website or on our Facebook page.

New releases that I intend to design are mods I think there is a need for in our line of offerings and that we often get inquiries for. Unfortunately, customers orders always take priority over R&D efforts, so these can sit in limbo for a while particularly if volume is high. There is an exception to the this scenario however.....

Commissioned new releases are mods that we intended to get around to, however a customer steps up to the plate and pays for the mod in advance of the design being completed. Once the order is placed and paid for, it goes into our queue just like any other module order. When the order gets to the bench everything stops and the R&D is in full swing until the new module is done. We do our best to estimate the cost of the final mod in advance and most of the time we are on the conservative side. There is no additional charge for the R&D, the customer gets the very first mod released to the public and we get a cool new addition to our line. The D-Zilla released last week is an example of this, as are the new mod TBA tomorrow and a third is right behind that.

We get asked about this at least once a week, so hopefully this info is useful and answers a few questions for several of you.