Any one useing BBE sonic Maximiser?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tempora

Reaction score
I recently brought the stomp box version to add to the effects loop and it makes everything ten times better. I was just wondering what other people thought of them or what settings they use for it.

I'm using the rack mount 482i through the loop of the RM100. Really adds alot to the sound. Makes my tone much clearer and the distortion more aggressive. I really like these units and never play with it off anymore. I run my Lo Countour at 5 and the Process at 7. I am using the Recto module and it just sound nasty!! Great little piece of gear.

I was considering the BBE Sonic Stomp, but thought it would be redundant because of the density & presence controls already on the amp.

Hmmm.......

Scooter said:
I was considering the BBE Sonic Stomp, but thought it would be redundant because of the density & presence controls already on the amp.

Hmmm.......

I definately think you would like it. You can tell a pretty big difference when you play with it on for awhile and then turn it off. It's then that you realize how much it impacts the sound. These units are pretty cheap too and you can probably get away with buying the 362i or the stomp box version. I have the 482i but I think the only difference is it has 2 mono processors. I only use one anyway with mine so unless you are using it on 2 amps at the same time you don't really need the dual channel unit. The 362 goes for $99.99.

Awsome. The sonic maximiser brings out the best your amo has to offer. I cant rele play without it know. It would defenatly improve any rig. Has any one tryed out the new bbe main squesse compressor pedal yet?

Hey, yeah iv been interested in looking into get a rack version of the bbe maximizer when i get my rm100m. I loading it with a blackface, either 1086 or ultra xl once i heard the difference and get reviews and then possibly a recto. My friend had the clean, xtc, and recto modules with his rm100m and set up a bbe sonic maximizer too it and said it was too much because of the density and presence knobs the amp already has on itself. So i went away from looking into it but if you guys say its still worth it i might re think that.

Defenatly go for the bbe. This pedal or rack version isnt a boost pedal for low and high dynamics, it basicaly takes what your amp already has and splits the frequnces and irons them out making everything much easier to hear and overall it gives a awsome sound. It doesnt matter how good your amp is it can always be improved. I would look into the bbe maximizer every one who has one only has good things to say about it. Cheers

Im not realy sure what the differnce is, i think one is just newer. As for the seperate channels i use the stomp box version so i relay dont have a clue about the rack version. soz

Just ordered mine yesterday from Musician's Advocate - should be here in a few days - can't wait!

If anyone wants a BBE 482i unit, I have one that I won't be using since I'm selling all of my rack stuff? I'll sell it to a forum member (in the 48 continental United States though) for $150 including shipping. I still have the original box and manual (I think, not sure if it came with a manual or not but it's two knobs... easy enough to figure out! lol). Let me know, I'm going to list it on eBay soon! :)

Hey man, thats cool. Im not ready to buy it yet but i was wondering how is it with the rm100m? Especially high gain stuff? And what are the dual channels about?

Hey, yeah i went to guitar center yesterday to check it out. I read a review that the 882i is much better for recording though. Didnt really understand what the difference was between the 882 and 482 but i heard the 482 adds noise in when your recording. Anyone record with this gear?

I've tried both the sonic stomp and the 428i and I must say that I am getting much better results with the 428i. The sonic stomp is extremely noisy and it really didn't seem to do very much even with the low contour and process turned all the way up. I'm much happier with the 428i in my serial loop. I've got the low contour set at 3 and the process at about 5. The onlydrawback about this is that I have to be careful not to push the level on my modules too much or it will over load the 428i. So now I'm probably going to be selling the sonic stomp.