Please help: Feedback problem with RG100SC drive channel

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sevenstring

Reaction score
Hi all!

I purchased an RG100SC a few days ago and, overall, I am still very green with amplifiers (only played direct through PA so far).

So, I immediately plugged it at a rehearsal with my band and, needless to say, the sound was amazing, but, while using the drive channel, I came upon some very nasty feedback (in the low-mids, as far as i can define it). I tried to scoop the mids, but the problem persisted. Some details about the setup: I play a sevenstring guitar with DiMarzio Evolution7 in the bridge; the amp was placed on the floor, with its back at about 30 cm (12 inches) away from the wall; Gains 1/2 were little below 12 o'clock, drive channel level was at 12 o'clock and so was master volume.

Any ideas about dealing with this problem?

Because the drive channel is really awsome, and I would like to use it!

Hey sevenstring,
Since you were playing at rehersal volumes, my closest guess could be that either your pups are too close to the strings (thus the feedback) your cable could be microphonic/you are standing too close to the amp or you may just need a noise reduction pedal. This has happened to me in the past, and experimenting is definately the best way of tracking down the actual cause. Good luck!

Sounds like a settings issue to me. Don't stand too close to it, turn the gain down and use the volume knob on your guitar in between breaks.

OK, what distance am i supposed to be from the amp in a rehearsal room or a club stage the same size? I mean, I can hardly afford more than 5 feet :) ...

How about the Ground Lift switch? Is it supposed to have anything to do with this?

Latest posts