Joining the Egnater family...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimosity

Reaction score
My M4 arrived yesterday!!
Since I had band practice within an hour of getting it out of the box, I quickly tossed it in my rack in place of my RM4 and tweaked a few of the modules to suit my sound.

AWESOME!!!!

This thing is incredible!

I got the M4 with the Twin, EG3/4, MHG, ERECT modules.

I used the Twin for my cleans and the MHG for my high gain and it covered all the bases I need! I'll run through a practice using the ERECT next time we get together but I'm pretty sure I really only need one or the other and not really both.

I didn't get a whole lot of time to tweak things too much, but throwing it directly into a band practice situation really put it thru it's paces that I had intended it for and it performed flawlessly!!

I've got two RM4's and 21 MTS modules and this M4 can replace 'em all!
Woo hoo!

The only thing I miss is the third output that the RM4's had (two for post out and one for pre out) -- I actually used all three since I'm powering six 2x12 cabinets. (I was running two cabs per side with my VHT and the other two via PowerBlock)
I can get by with two outputs and still power six 2x12's by playing with the wiring and running four cabs from one side of my 2/90/2 at 4 ohms and the other two cabs at 8 ohms, but I liked having my PowerBlock pushing two of the cabs and the VHT pushing the other four...but then again; I realize I'm a retard for running six 2x12's, but boy is it impressive to look at! :)

By the way; my signal runs like this right now (to keep things down to a 6 space rack since we play out live a lot).

Guitar -> Audio Technica Wireless (mounted in rear) -> Egnater M4 -> TC Electronics G-Major -> VHT 2/90/2 -> Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12's

Jim,

Congrats man! Egnater stuff just kills.

Ive seen in other threads that you're a big fan of the Grail module to nail that old 2 channel blackface Rectifier tone. How does the E-Rect do in this recgard? Is it possible you could record some clips of you playing the same thing with both MHG and E-Rect? I have MHG and love it, but I find myself always thinking if I need E-Rect as well!

-Matt

Gratz & welcome to m4 club :)

Do you still find still use for your 1086 in M4 or how does it sound compared to for example MHG.

I'm slightly interested in 1086.

MHG is my favourite for highest gain applications.
But all of the Eggie modules do sound very good!

Awesome Jim!!! Since I know you liked the Randall stuff, you will LOVE the Egnater versions! 8)

Hey... glad to hear that your M4 came in! I'm going through major M4 withdrawal this week... have been in Rome & Frankfurt to give training, so I haven't touched a guitar since last Friday.

We ought to get together to swap notes on modules... I ended up getting the VX and SL instead, would like to check out the dual TWIN and MHG.

--B

bduersch said:
Hey... glad to hear that your M4 came in! I'm going through major M4 withdrawal this week... have been in Rome & Frankfurt to give training, so I haven't touched a guitar since last Friday.

We ought to get together to swap notes on modules... I ended up getting the VX and SL instead, would like to check out the dual TWIN and MHG.

--B

Hey Brent,
I'd love to hook up and check out some of the modules that you have that I don't (and vice versa).
My schedule is pretty packed right now since we're trying to get a new drummer up to speed before our Bogart's gig with Flyleaf.
Let's line it up for sometime soon though to get together.

I'm in Milford (come on over and you can check out all of the MTS modules if there are any you've not heard before)...

I have a fairly similar setup as you; with the VHT 2/90/2 power amp, a couple PowerBlocks, an Intellipitch, Xpression, G-Major, and a ton of other stuff laying around.
You can crank 'em thru my wall of Genz-Benz cabs...
:D

Jim