Vybe Deluxe

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got one on order as well.....mine is probably a few weeks behind Oyster's....looking forward to checking it out.

I have one on order as well. I ordered mine a week before Black Friday so mine should be the next one up hopefully this week.

Here are three recordings of the Vbe Deluxe I just did. A bit rough... no harsh laughter please.

Ideally these would be recorded with an open backed amp, but I was lazy and didn't remove the back from my Tourmaster 2x12 with the stock Egnater Celestions... If I were to use these in a real mix, the bass would be reduced some to make room for a ... bass.

The Vybe and Deluxe voicing both were set the same for gain (12), Bass (10) and Treble (2) as they have a more similar sound. Also both were recorded with an SM57 over a simple drum bit compiled from loops. Guitar was a Warmoth soloist using middle and neck SD hot stack pickups)

Vybe (minimal delay and room to sweeten - zero EQ)
https://soundcloud.com/dossshrop-1/mts-vybe-d-1/s-KJuQl

Deluxe (zero effects added - zero EQ)
https://soundcloud.com/dossshrop-1/mts-vybe-d-2/s-lbQUH

You almost didn't get nuthin (meant to sound petulant ...) on the Pushed voicing, as I haven't really explored it very much. What I found recording it, was it's an entirely different beast, and I kept getting crappy sounding recordings with the SM57 and an EV Cobalt 4, so I took one last shot with a Ribbon mic (a Nady RSM-2) and who the hell knew... it works nicely I think.

The guitar used on the Pushed is a Warmoth Split Jazzmaster with SD P-Rails in P90 mode for rhythm and neck in parallel HB mode.

Pushed (a dash of delay and room added to the mix - zero EQ)
https://soundcloud.com/dossshrop-1/mts-vybe-d-3/s-7ZzAb

Hope these help? I'm not really a blues player which should be obvious, but this was the quickest thing I thought that would be decent.

I actually really enjoyed your clips and though they did a great job of capturing the feel of the module. That's not always easy to do and it's a big part of the Vybes vibe if you will!

Would you mind shooting me an email with those clips? I'd love to use them on my site if you don't mind.

I second that, great job on the clips. I really liked the pushed too. Seems like it would pair nicely with a tubescreamer.

Thanks for the friendly comments. Hope these helped.

Rob, I'll shoot these over to you later today.

gclogowlrgtag.jpg

:wink:
In all seriousness, very nice clips. Rob has a clean module of mine and I'm really having a hard time deciding what it's going to morph into. It's between the Vybe and Texas...

Nice clips. Thanks for doing those.

I just got notice mine is on the way. I am going to be using mine in a blues context. Can't wait to try it out.

Got my Vybe Deluxe. This is a Great module. It really has both the feel and tone of an old amp. Unfortunately, I have been having some issues with my power amp that hampering my ability to really enjoy this mod as much as I know I will. But I think I have things sorted out. I will be playing it out tonight at my gig and will report back.

I played this thing at the gig and it sounded great when it was working. But I had problems with my power amp. So I loaded up the chassis and sent it into JF for repair. Hopefully it will be something minor. Can't wait to get it back and Rob hasn't even received it yet. :cry:

I agree fully, it's completely unique in tone and feel in the MTS world. I love them more with each one I make.

Steve: Your amp is all good and on it's way home now. You should have tracking info via email.

Great Rob can't wait to get it. What others don't know yet is you sent me a new mod last week that is based on a 1960's Ampeg Gemini II. So when it get my power amp I will have two great new mods to explore.