Rverb for a metal player

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
ive got an offer to trade one of my mods for an rverb and im wondering what kind of high gain it has and how its voiced..
-mp-

jf_zpsf51f414a.jpg

Here is a guide JF posted on their site.

Definitely more of a classic, lower gain metal sound. It does not have the saturation for newer, modern metal.

I guess it would depend on which module you're trading for.

The RVerb is not high gain, but it's not low agin either. The tonelity of RVerb is completely unique and very player friendly. This is a great mod to have around for a change of pace and also a great module to clean up and use for clean tone.

I have been told from a very reliable source that Adam D uses a Rockerverb for texture and clarity in over dubs on KSE sessions and sessions he produces for other bands. Take it for what you will, but Adam D is producing some of the best high gain metal tones on CD out there in my humble opinion. If a ganiac like him is using one, maybe it's worth a look for you

If you're looking for your number one high gainer, this is not it. If you're looking for one of the best sounding modules avialable - regardless of actual or perceived gain - this module is worth exploring

Let us know what you decide

H

I've played a real Rverb, too long ago to do a proper tone comparison, but I remember it was capable of modern metal. I guess Rob's is tuned differently.

He did say he could mod it for more saturation, but it wouldn't be switchable.